uniqs

rgs_rx
join:2002-06-14
Phoenix, AZ

rgs_rx to Irish Shark

to Irish Shark

Re: [AZ] Speed Increase July Rollout Date for Preferred/Premier

said by Irish Shark:

I called retention/loyalty and she said that the best they would do is $5-10/month. She also said that I will be paying the 50mb price when we get upgraded not the old price, but the current price for the 50mb service as the price is now.

Guess that they have all the bases covered.

Total HS to me.

I must be missing something. Are you preferred (25Mb/s) or premier (50Mb/s) now? If you are Preferred now you will be upgraded to 50/5 for the same price as preferred now. Premier's price before upgrade is 50/10 so to downgrade you to 50/5 & charge you for 50/10 is going backward.
She is wrong. Preferred will go from 25/5 to 50/5 with no additional charge right now. Premier will go from 50/10 to 100/10 with no additional charge. That is what happened in Phoenix.
As far as the $5 to $10 offer, do you bundle or just have internet? If you do not have TV/Internet/Phone then they probably will not offer as much for retention.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

dvd536

Premium Member

keep an eye on your bills folks! they might be thinking of cramming[doubling speeds then charging you for the next higher tier]

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark to rgs_rx

MVM

to rgs_rx
I do not think that she had the foggiest idea what was happening. She seemed dumb (on purpose?) as to any speed increase.

Yes, I have Preferred and the new speed is 50mb. I have Internet and phone with Cox. My contract with Dish is up in November. I am looking for other places to go unless Dish gives me a deal. The Cox TV just does not cut it for me; so they are last on my list.

What I think is what she thought was happening: I was moving (upgrading) up a tier to Premier to 50mb. That is why she was saying that I would be paying for upgrading.

Then she offered me the $5 - 10/month with a two year contract. I could have got that from the first CSR that I talked to.

That is when I exited the phone call.

Here is another possibility. When Cox does the next rate increase, I will be paying the Premier rate as it is today. I am paying $63 ++ for internet. The Premier price is $74 ++. So take $10 off and that puts me back to my current rate for Preferred.

Just another twist.