spc
Search similar:

uniqs
juicem2
join:2006-03-05
Mastic Beach, NY

juicem2

cancel for new deal?

Hi, my optimum promo expired this month and was wondering if I canceled all services if they would offer me a new deal. My wife called yesterday to cancel some movie channels and the rep dropped my free ultra 101 upgrade now I'm on ultra 50. We called twice and went up the ladder of managers and they refuse to put the ultra 101 back on. So, if I am losing that for good I was thinking of canceling all services to try and get a new triple play deal. We are going away for a week anyway. Any help or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Mike

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY

Premium Member

Did you try having your wife open a new account with promos?
juicem2
Mastic Beach, NY

juicem2

Actually I think the account is in her name. So, I could try doing it in mine but I don't know if they will do it with same last name . I am going to try one more time to get my ultra 101 back

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

MxxCon

Regardless of what will happen, always keep a log of who you talked to, when and what was promised. Also always get their employee ID, it's 3-5 alpha numeric string. You never know when you'll need to refer back to any promises or account screw ups.
cowbawx
join:2002-03-04
Lawrence, NY

cowbawx to juicem2

to juicem2
You will never get that Ultra 101 back (assuming you are paying $10/mo for it). That was done because you were already paying for Boost+ when the free upgrades were in effect. No one gets Ultra 101 for $10 unless they already had Boost+. Period. I would know. My brother has Ultra 101 (since he was upgraded for free from Boost+, already paying $10/mo for it) and I wanted the same promo, and they explained why they would not give it to me. Creating a new account will NOT, I repeat, NOT get you Ultra 101 for $10 or free, UNLESS they have changed their promos from last month, I'm not sure - but again, DOUBT they will do that. It's not in Cablevision's best interest to give their highest tier for $10/mo, yet alone free. $9.95 (I rounded up). If your wife accepted a different promo and if she did NOT ask to keep Ultra 101, then the most you will get with a promo is FREE Ultra 50. That's it. Otherwise its regular rate for OOL and regular rate to add Ultra 101. If your wife made the mistake, it's your fault for not letting her give them permission to speak with you to negotiate. On another note - Verizon, I believe is in the process or has already done it (?) of making every speed tier SYMMETRICAL. In other words: 50/50, 100/100, 300/300 etc. See if you can get FiOS, if not, you can cancel, give all the boxes back, and then on a separate call, TRY to call yourself and get yourself installed with new equipment. Of course, I'm not saying you are to do anything underhanded, but you can try it.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

its my understanding that you have to keep some minimal level of tv service in order to qualify for the 101 upgrade from boost at $9.95 - at least thats what i was told by the rep.
juicem2
Mastic Beach, NY

1 edit

juicem2 to cowbawx

to cowbawx
I am trying to get 101 restored on my current account. I know that I will not get it back on a new account. What I'm am saying is if they refuse to give it back to me I am going to cancel services in hope for a new triple play deal since mine expired. I am wondering if I can get the 79 triple play if I cancel for a week. Unfortunately Fios is not in the town of Brookhaven. Thank you

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Only if you can sign up in a different name (different first name may not be enough). If you want to sign up in the same name, you need to leave for some minimum amount of time before being considered a new customer (usually 1-2 months).

However, just the act of canceling (or even calling to cancel) it sometimes enough to get close to new customer pricing. The retention rep will offer you some deals when you call to cancel - if you refuse and go through with the cancellation, you'll likely get another call in a few days or some letters in the mail with another deal to come back. YMMV, though. It's never guaranteed.
juicem2
Mastic Beach, NY

juicem2

Thank you everyone for the replies. I had the ultra 101 upgrade for the boost plus price. I wasn't even asking for a new deal I just want that back. My wife canceled some movie channels to offset my current deal expiring. I don't know if she misunderstood the rep or what happened but they say it can't be done. So now I might as well and try to get a new deal with ultra 50. I am contemplating canceling all services in hope of a new deal. I can live without the TV for a while especially since I have a infinitv and my own 2tb dvr with media extenders. So the kids can just watch recorded TV and netflix for now. I don't use my home phone and I can tether my Verizon 4G unlimited account for now.This was just done less the 24 hrs ago and no one is willing to add 101 back on to my 50 price. So I am pissed and just want to cancel on principal and in hopes obviously of cheaper pricing. In all honesty though my service has been rock solid.
cowbawx
Lawrence, NY

cowbawx

Speak to a manager regarding the 9.95 ultra 101 since the change was recently made accidentally. (Customer Service->Supervisor->Manager). From what I understand, Disconnect does not report to anyone, although I find that to be BS since everyone reports to someone there. I would know. Threaten to cancel if they don't put it back. As for promotions, you should be able to get Showtime, Stars, Encore free for the year and Ultra 50, BUT like you said they removed it. BUT FIRST, HAVE YOUR WIFE ADD YOU AS AN AUTHORIZED PERSON ON THE ACCOUNT!

mpdb2012
@66.249.83.x

mpdb2012 to juicem2

Anon

to juicem2
Ultra 101 was grandfathered at that rate. It's not that they don't want to add it back on. It isn't available in the computer to give back. No one can put it back on. You can add it back on for $55 per month on top of $49.95 standard OOL.
cowbawx
Lawrence, NY

cowbawx

Doubt that. Rate is there. Someone who is authorized to add it back, can. They have not removed the rate since it is currently active and in use.

mpdb2012
@66.249.83.x

mpdb2012

Anon

I work there lol. I have seen customers reach executive level to no avail with getting it back or just getting it at a discounted rate. Ain't gunna happen.
juicem2
Mastic Beach, NY

juicem2 to mpdb2012

to mpdb2012
Spoke to 2 supervisors and they insist they are not able to add it back on even when threatening to cancel. One supervisor gave us $30 off the bill for 3 months. He said that was the best he can do right now. Cowbawx I have to look into the showtime, starz, encore, free for a year. He also offered us a dvr free for a year but I don't need that. I have a htpc with the infinitv and a cable card. Jeez just give back my ultra 101 for the ten bucks.
cowbawx
Lawrence, NY

cowbawx to mpdb2012

to mpdb2012
I worked there as well.
cowbawx

cowbawx to juicem2

to juicem2
The last time I contacted Disconnect was last month. It's possible there's a new "save" promo this month.
cowbawx

cowbawx to juicem2

to juicem2
... I would have asked for a Manager, or atleast a callback from one.

Boooost
@151.190.40.x

Boooost

Anon

Email Wilt Hildenbrand (look for his address on this forum) and politely explain that it was dropped unintentionally and ask if he can get 101 back at the Boost+ price you had.

This incident makes me reluctant to add phone service to my TV + grandfathered Ultra 101. Will I be in the same boat if I make any changes to my service?
juicem2
Mastic Beach, NY

juicem2

Thanks for the info. If it's done right your ultra deal should stay intact

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData to Boooost

Premium Member

to Boooost
said by Boooost :

Email Wilt Hildenbrand (look for his address on this forum) and politely explain that it was dropped unintentionally and ask if he can get 101 back at the Boost+ price you had.

This incident makes me reluctant to add phone service to my TV + grandfathered Ultra 101. Will I be in the same boat if I make any changes to my service?

i wanted to reduce my bill but keep the grandfathered $9.95 ultra 101 rate and it appears that you have to keep a minimum level of tv service in order to retain it.
nydennis30
join:2003-08-11
Port Jefferson Station, NY

nydennis30 to juicem2

to juicem2
I have the grandfathered ultra for only on my account. No TV or Phone service. I just called to get the triple play and was told that I would love my ultra pricing by adding the other two. In order to keep Ultra I'd have to pay 55 more a month.

She had me on hold for 10 minutes or so trying to keep it. I scheduled the appointment but I may try calling again to see if I can keep my grandfathered pricing on the ultra
cowbawx
Lawrence, NY

cowbawx to Boooost

to Boooost
Doesn't he only deal with field services?

Boooost
@24.190.186.x

Boooost

Anon

said by Cablevision (emphasis added) :
Wilt Hildenbrand serves as senior advisor - customer care, technology and networks for Cablevision Systems Corporation. In this role, Mr. Hildenbrand leads Cablevision's technology strategy and evolving network architecture, including the development of next-generation consumer systems and technologies. He also oversees the company's customer service and field service organizations, working to develop and implement strategies to ensure a superior customer experience.
He's the man who can do it all!

Not including a link because this post will then go in the moderation queue. You can find it. It's the first hit on Google.
Boooost

Boooost to nydennis30

Anon

to nydennis30
said by nydennis30:

I have the grandfathered ultra for only on my account. No TV or Phone service. I just called to get the triple play and was told that I would love [sic] my ultra pricing by adding the other two. In order to keep Ultra I'd have to pay 55 more a month.

Ask if you can keep your Ultra 101 price if you don't get a triple-play promo and just get the regular pricing for TV and OV.

I just got a letter offering to add OV for $5 per month. Now why would I want to get a triple-play for $175 per month when I could probably get it with a TP promo for less than half that? Maybe the answer is the extra $5/mo will let me keep the Ultra 101 pricing. I don't know. I'm just guessing.
juicem2
Mastic Beach, NY

juicem2 to EliteData

to EliteData
I emailed Mr. Hildebrand yesterday. He said he is looking into it. He said he can't promise it will be an answer we will like but he's looking into it.
nydennis30
join:2003-08-11
Port Jefferson Station, NY

nydennis30 to Boooost

to Boooost
said by Boooost :

Ask if you can keep your Ultra 101 price if you don't get a triple-play promo and just get the regular pricing for TV and OV.

I just called. They tried to do it but said they are unable to do so. My appointment isn't for a few weeks so I can cancel before hand and keep it the way I want.
cowbawx
Lawrence, NY

cowbawx

I just spoke tonight, with a OOL Tech Rep (who I happen to know from when I worked there). He advised that if a mistake was made to your account, THEY CAN REVERSE IT, within 30 days. Get cracking on that phone call back to customer service and ask for a manager and make damn well sure THEY KNOW that THEY screwed up. Be respectful, don't yell, and just ask for a Manager to speak with. Tell them that they cannot help you only a Supervisor or Manager can. (If not the Supervisor, then a Manager). Time is of the essence!!
cowbawx

1 edit

cowbawx to Boooost

to Boooost
Thank you for the info. I'm calling him today.

^-- scratch that, I meant emailing.... and have already done so.
cowbawx

cowbawx to Boooost

to Boooost
Ok my bad. They must have changed his position in the last few years. I don't visit Cablevision's corporate site often.
juicem2
Mastic Beach, NY

juicem2 to cowbawx

to cowbawx
Thanks cowbawx!