spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Bob61571
join:2008-08-08
Washington, IL

Bob61571

Maggie needs to worry more about increasing Frontier's DSL(or fiber) speed

like in my neighborhood. Frontier really needs to start acting like it's the year 2014, not the year 2004.

Local CLEC from nearby town has spent last 1 year+ installing fiber in parts of my town(of 15K population). They will finish the town in about 3 years.

We left Frontier's 3M/768K DSL(that I've had since 2007 with VZ) to go with the CLEC's fiber lowest speed of 20Mbps/5Mbps. We can go up to 200M down. I hope to write a review in the next month.

So far, my dead-end block has converted well over 60% of all homes to this new fiber outlier, from either Comcast or Frontier. All I had to do, was watch the digging and talk to the fiber service people, or look for the new ONTs.

Funny that we never ever heard from any Comcast sales people for years, until the fiber had been installed in the easement by the street. However, the CLEC had signed people up last fall of 2013, while Comcast was 6-9 months late talking to everyone.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich

said by Bob61571:

Local CLEC from nearby town has spent last 1 year+ installing fiber in parts of my town(of 15K population). They will finish the town in about 3 years.

Who IS this CLEC??? Is it MTCO per chance???
Bob61571
join:2008-08-08
Washington, IL

1 edit

Bob61571

Yes, it is. Also, ITV-3 is making major moves in the Peoria area in Morton, Pekin, and East Peoria. Also, moving into Dunlap, Tremont, and Bartonville. Wonder when ITV-3 will take on Peoria? Major announcement a few weeks ago for ITV-3 in Champaign-Urbana. Also, B-N is talking to ITV-3, on future expansion.

Check the map of MTCO's fiber line to Marseilles, to figure out what towns are in their future plans. MTCO promised Washington IL that they would finish Washington IL before moving on, to the next town. Don't want to make it too easy for you.

All the above are current/future problems for Frontier, AT&T, and Comcast.