brawney
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Frederick, MD

brawney

Premium Member

[CallCentric] Extensions and Call treatments

Callcentric question:

Lets say you have 3 extensions (100, 101, 102) and one DID. You have 500 hundred call treatments setup to make sure people calling from certain numbers, certain number patterns and certain phone book entries reach your main extension every time (ext 100 is the main). The last treatment in the list, by the way, would be to send anyone else to random digit telemarketer block.

Ext 101 and 102 are for outgoing calls only, and perhaps there is a treatment or two that directs a couple incoming calls (people from work for example) to ext 102.

So, you're looking good... everyone you know can get straight through to you at ext 100; guaranteed not to hit the telemarketer block.

Now you want to change it so that ext 101 is also a main extension. Anything that rings through to ext 100 also needs to run ext 101, simultaneously.

It seems to me the only way to make this change is to manually edit every one of those call treatments to send to simultaneous ring for 100 and 101.

Is this true, or am I missing something here?

Thats a lot of editing.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by brawney:

500 hundred call treatments setup to make sure people calling from certain numbers, certain number patterns and certain phone book entries reach your main extension every time (ext 100 is the main).

You don't need 500 Call Treatments.

Use Groups in the Phone Book and you will be able to achieve what you want with only a few Call Treatments.

For each Group in the Phone Book you need only one single Call Treatment.

moouv
@67.159.5.x

moouv

Anon

As said above you don't need 500 call treatments, instead just use phonebook groups. I don't think you can even create 500 call treatments, they used to be limited to 100, and now its limited to 200 based on the help icon within that section of the website.
brawney
Premium Member
Frederick, MD

brawney to Arne Bolen

Premium Member

to Arne Bolen
How can you put something like 1301662xxxx in the phone book?

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by brawney:

How can you put something like 1301662xxxx in the phone book?

You can't.

Instead of using 500 Call Treatments rules it might be better to just accept all American and Canadian callers.

If you really need that many rules you have no other option than to use a PBX or SIPSorcery.
brawney
Premium Member
Frederick, MD

brawney

Premium Member

Well I don't have 500. I may have 100 once I get everything setup. But still... Editing 50 or 100 entries to change what rings when a call comes in is a lot of work.

Other providers have ring groups so with them you just edit the group to include the new extension and you're done.

Like I said, I'm just checking to see if I'm missing something. Apparently not. The idea to use the phone book as much as possible is a good suggestion though.

Simulring
@70.15.50.x

Simulring

Anon

said by brawney:

Now you want to change it so that ext 101 is also a main extension. Anything that rings through to ext 100 also needs to run ext 101, simultaneously.

It seems to me the only way to make this change is to manually edit every one of those call treatments to send to simultaneous ring for 100 and 101.

Is this true, or am I missing something here?

Try creating a new call treatment:
1. Under "called number" choose 17771234567nnn (where nnn is the extension number)
2. Under "redirect call to" choose "Simultaneous ringing"
3. Under "where to send call" select "Send to my extension" and then choose the extension numbers.
4. Put this rule at the very bottom of the list of call treatments so it has lowest priority

That SHOULD do the trick...