spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Responsible

@69.142.79.x

Poor call by Comcast employee

1. she shouldn't have taken his tool bag. That is theft.
2. employee shouldn't have gone back in to her house to retrieve it w/o her permission. In that part of the country she may have had the right to shoot him for entering her house w/o permission.
3. employee should just have called 911 when she took his tool bag and returned to her house.
4. if gun registered, she may beat any charges on pointing gun in her house.
5. she should face theft charges.

Wrong

@68.42.244.x
The tech didn't randomly go into the women's house for his bag. According to the report he just knoced on her door and asked for it back. You don't have the right to pull a gun on someone for knocking on your door.

Responsible

@69.142.79.x
said by Wrong :

The tech didn't randomly go into the women's house for his bag. According to the report he just knoced on her door and asked for it back. You don't have the right to pull a gun on someone for knocking on your door.

Facts are in dispute:

He said:
When the worker went to get it, he said she told him he couldn’t have his tools back and pulled out a black handgun from her pocket, pointing at his torso, the complaint states.

The worker told police he put his hands up because he “didn’t want to get shot,” and left the property before calling 911.

She said:
Baca-Lucero told police he left the tools and she took them inside, and wouldn’t give them back to him when he returned. When the worker refused to leave, she pointed the gun in the air. He left, and she then also called police, the complaint states.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
reply to Wrong
said by Wrong :

You don't have the right to pull a gun on someone for knocking on your door.

True. I usually have a German Shepherd at the door when someone knocks. I never have to threaten anyone to leave me alone.

jimkyser

join:2000-10-13
Naperville, IL
reply to Wrong
Actually, if this were in Louisiana and you could convince a jury that you felt threatened, you could shoot and kill them. Just ask Yoshihiro Hattori.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Y···_Hattori

Wrong

@68.42.244.x
reply to Responsible
The actual police report says nothing about him going inside at all. Her side of the report stated he refused to leave the driveway and his side stated he knocked on the door and left after the gun was pulled. I don't think someone standing in your driveway because you just stole $400 worth of tools from them is grounds to pull out a gun.

jap
Premium
join:2003-08-10
038xx
reply to Responsible
Thank you, Mr/Ms 69.142.79.x, for bringing factual insight into the comments section rather than using this tabloidish thread to trot out & attempt to vindicate some personal scapegoat classification of humanity. Much obliged for the list of events and the context it brings.

grydlok

join:2004-01-06
Richmond, VA
reply to Responsible
He never went inside and in the police report she said she took the tools and was holding them until a supervisor came.

kataan
RIP my love.
Premium
join:2003-04-22
Greenacres, WA
reply to Wrong
It may not be grounds, but it is legal. They were still on here property and that is trespassing.

flwpwr

@24.113.96.x
You are not the judge, so you can't say what is and is not legal.
It will be decided whether it was LEGAL or criminal in a court of law and probably by 12 peers. She invited him to the house, stole his tools, then possibly asked him to leave and DEFIANTLY pulled a gun on him. You cannot just pull a gun on people in MOST states, you must make it a LAST option move. That does not sound like what she did, sure sounds like she could have shut and locked the door and called 911 to me. But time will tell what the court decides, that's if its not plea bargained out to some stupid charge anyway.

dra6o0n

join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON
reply to jap
What humanity?

JE
JE 's BACK BABY
Premium
join:2000-12-15
Charlotte, NC

2 edits
reply to Responsible
Customers never think about the fact that once this employees shift is over, they still have the address. Be careful who u threaten and make obscene remarks to, in person or over the phone.
Female customers use the fact that they are female to get away with a lot of mess. And they are never sorry.

There is an intelligent way to handle things like this. The tech wasn't responsible for any charges. She (as usual) made the situation worse than what it had to be. All she had to say was, if i'm going to be charged, I'm not signing, please leave my home.

She could have called and explained her situation and why the tech was called out and asked politely, if there was a possibility that the potential fee could be waived or credited on the next months statement. Any reasonable CS agent would explain how th process works and would have helped.

You don't have a right to harm someone that did nothing to u. She should have pulled the gun on her ugly husband who cheated on her with the fat neighbor!