Furrever Fur
Premium
join:2012-02-20
united state
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast

Get a grip

What has happened to our society that nearly every flippin' disagreement about something or other has to end in the "aggrieved" party resorting to a handgun? Comcast lies (repeatedly and regularly); I still can't fathom the need for that woman to pull out her "6-shooter" about a tech fee. No self-restraint.

Karl's article is hardly "tabloid news"; it IS news from Albuquerque. I know the Comcast supporters won't agree. Considering Comcast's creative use of "truth" regarding fees and services, I'm surprised more people haven't gone postal as the cliche goes.

Having had a tech "fib" to his superiors about services from a service call, I'm not all that certain that the Comcast employee's version is 100% truthful.

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:12

said by Furrever Fur:

I still can't fathom the need for that woman to pull out her "6-shooter" about a tech fee.

Having had a tech "fib" to his superiors about services from a service call, I'm not all that certain that the Comcast employee's version is 100% truthful.

First, Karl left out the part about her taking the techs tool bag, and the gun was pulled when the tech wouldn't leave her front porch without it.

As for his side being a lie, well, both agree there was a disagreement about paying for the repair. Both agree she stole his toolbag and refused to give it back (later found by police inside her house). Both agree he didn't leave until she pulled the gun. The only disagreement is she says she pointed it into the air while he says she pointed it at his chest.

/M

russotto

join:2000-10-05
West Orange, NJ
reply to Furrever Fur

What's happened is "society" has been rigged so there's no lawful way to not get screwed by companies like Comcast (except by refraining from using their service altogether). In situations like that, people resort to unlawful methods.