Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Getting them to fix things

I'd be glad if they'd just fix their service instead of finding non-existent fault with any piece of equipment that does not belong to them.

They always blame the router or the computer when the modem log shows T3/T4 timeouts and reboots. And you call customer service they say all the tests are fine. That does not answer the question why I'm getting failed connections/timeouts. When I go to look up a we page, It fails half the time or takes forever.
--
Stop the Comcast-Time Warner merger, I'd rather Time Warner buy out Comcast.

clone

join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
Every support person is going to blame customer equipment. I've been fighting with T-Mobile over a number port gone bad for a week, and it's the same thing every time: Master Reset the phone, verify the APN settings, etc. etc.

Even though I've made it abundantly clear that it's an inter-carrier issue (SMS and MMS work fine to/from other T-Mobile customers, and consistently fail when messaging someone outside their network), every support person wants to blame it on the handset. Comcast is no different than any other company.

I'm not making excuses for Comcast, but find me a telecom company that actually *does* listen to customers when there is a problem that goes deeper than rebooting the modem or resetting a cell phone. I've been fighting with them for years, from dialup ISPs, AOL, Verizon DSL/Wireless, Nextel, Sprint, etc., luckily never had any real issues with Comcast.

As an IT person, it's in my job description to do these things and I've been doing it for so long that I guess it doesn't bother me anymore, but Tier 1/2 support is generally worthless at any company.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
I found the trick when dealing with support is to make it clear I've already done the troubleshooting (reset the modem, clear the cache/reset safari, reset the router) before I called. That kind of forces the support rep's hand and forces them to troubleshoot the Comcast end of the game.

It's clear that it's an issue with the plant or even deeper in the network. They did such a poor job replacing the line that I should have never signed off on it. They left an exposed coax coming around the back of the house (where it could be easily damaged) instead of coming around the front of the house like they should.

It'll be a good day when Comcast is broken up.
--

why60loss

join:2012-09-20
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Wireless..
said by IowaCowboy:

I found the trick when dealing with support is to make it clear I've already done the troubleshooting (reset the modem, clear the cache/reset safari, reset the router) before I called. That kind of forces the support rep's hand and forces them to troubleshoot the Comcast end of the game.

It's clear that it's an issue with the plant or even deeper in the network. They did such a poor job replacing the line that I should have never signed off on it. They left an exposed coax coming around the back of the house (where it could be easily damaged) instead of coming around the front of the house like they should.

It'll be a good day when Comcast is broken up.

I have done that with Time warner cable many times and they ALWAYS made do it not once, two times but 3 times to "make sure it's not your stuff" and then after all that BS it's still all 5 of your PC's fault.

I am a happy Comcast customer who no longer has to deal with that level of stupid from India tech support of TWC and all the sub-contractors who hardly even know how to hook a TV up right much less even know jack about the internet.

I knew a guy that I played chess with who was part of there business class and he him self said the residential side of the business sucks. Time warner cables end game is it's YOUR FAULT or better yet UPTO/Well only our web site needs to work so FU customer. (No that's not short for frank underwood but maybe it should be due to it may as well be the same thing.)

I agree with the poster about tier 1/2 support but Time warner cable makes it worse by NEVER letting you go higher EVER. If I ever talked to tier 3 well it sounded like he was from India too so screw that.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
I get the exact opposite experience with Time Warner, most of the time I hit their call center in Portland (Maine) when calling from Biddeford 12 miles away. Sometimes it goes to New Hampshire but I've had good experiences with Time Warner up in Maine. As for Comcast, if I were mayor of Springfield, MA; I'd find a reason to yank their franchise to operate in the city.
--