Search similar:

uniqs

t_murphy
@166.147.104.x

t_murphy

Anon

Page Plus Cellular

Hello All,
I've got service with Page Plus using my old VZW phone and until the last few days, it's been fine. As of yesterday, nothing works. Inbound calls are sent to VM without the phone ringing, outbound besides the *22890 (programming) and #737 (account management) are routed to an error message that says "there was an error processing your call". SMS/MMS is down too. When calling the OTA programming number, the recording and phone screen both say the programming was successful. This is just a simple old flip phone - nothing fancy. I've tried factory reset and re-activating many times and no dice. A call to customer service was useless and trying to submit a support ticket results in a blank window after hitting submit. I've tried on multiple browsers/computers/ISPs and submitting a support ticket won't work. Any ideas how to get this fixed or, at least, getting my ESN released so I can add the phone to my existing VZW account.

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj

said by t_murphy :

Hello All,
I've got service with Page Plus using my old VZW phone and until the last few days, it's been fine. As of yesterday, nothing works. Inbound calls are sent to VM without the phone ringing, outbound besides the *22890 (programming) and #737 (account management) are routed to an error message that says "there was an error processing your call". SMS/MMS is down too. When calling the OTA programming number, the recording and phone screen both say the programming was successful. This is just a simple old flip phone - nothing fancy. I've tried factory reset and re-activating many times and no dice. A call to customer service was useless and trying to submit a support ticket results in a blank window after hitting submit. I've tried on multiple browsers/computers/ISPs and submitting a support ticket won't work. Any ideas how to get this fixed or, at least, getting my ESN released so I can add the phone to my existing VZW account.

You might have better luck trying the Live Chat on Page Plus's website. Look for the red "Live Chat" tab in the lower left corner of the page and click on it. They're open 8AM-midnight 7 days a week. Ask for something called an "ESN Reset" or a "Device Reset", then turn your phone off and on after they do this. If your phone is a Verizon prepaid phone, an ESN reset will kick it off of Page Plus and you'll have to use another phone.

I've had issues activating a couple Motorola W385 flip phones and an ESN reset fixed the problem (or did I have to manually program in the MIN and MDN? Can't remember.)

I've had great luck doing ESN changes (phone changes) via Live Chat. Hopefully they can fix your issue.

Also, try *228 instead of *22890 to program your phone and see if that makes a difference.

Good luck!

t_murphy
@166.147.104.x

t_murphy

Anon

Thanks for the information. I called and asked for an ESN reset and was told they can change it but not reset it. This person insisted I must change my phone number in order to reset the current ESN. I've had this number for over 20 years and would prefer not to change it. I thanked the CSR, waited a few minutes and called back and asked for a device reset. This time the CSR was absolutely clueless and thought I wanted to add money. There was no amount of discussion that would sway the CSR away from the adding money train of thought. I thanked them and hung up. I then remembered having an old, retired post-pay VZW flip phone squirreled away in the basement. Put it on the charger for 30-45 minutes and then called PPC back to switch the ESN. After programming, it came to life with my existing number and worked fine. Rather than risk swapping the ESN back to the original device, my next stop was Verizon to port out. Done in five minutes online using my existing account and the ESN that PPC pooched. The original phone now works with the original number on the original carrier. I definitely loved PPC's pricing but, as usual, I got exactly what I paid for. Not bashing PPC as they certainly have their place. For me, time is money and this debacle took too much time to resolve.

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj

said by t_murphy :

Thanks for the information. I called and asked for an ESN reset and was told they can change it but not reset it. This person insisted I must change my phone number in order to reset the current ESN. I've had this number for over 20 years and would prefer not to change it. I thanked the CSR, waited a few minutes and called back and asked for a device reset. This time the CSR was absolutely clueless and thought I wanted to add money. There was no amount of discussion that would sway the CSR away from the adding money train of thought. I thanked them and hung up. I then remembered having an old, retired post-pay VZW flip phone squirreled away in the basement. Put it on the charger for 30-45 minutes and then called PPC back to switch the ESN. After programming, it came to life with my existing number and worked fine. Rather than risk swapping the ESN back to the original device, my next stop was Verizon to port out. Done in five minutes online using my existing account and the ESN that PPC pooched. The original phone now works with the original number on the original carrier. I definitely loved PPC's pricing but, as usual, I got exactly what I paid for. Not bashing PPC as they certainly have their place. For me, time is money and this debacle took too much time to resolve.

Did you use the Live Chat feature? You might have gotten better CSRs via Live Chat.

I'd go with Verizon prepaid myself...... if they offered a sub-$20 low ( 500) minute and texting plan with around 100MB of data and would let me use my flashed Boost Moto G, but they don't, so I'm with PPC. I just don't need an unlimited plan and can't justify the cost, even though an unlimited plan can be had for $23-$30 on several MVNO's that use T-Mobile and AT&T towers.

I get frustrated with PPC's account management (e.g., the inability to get account info by texting BAL to 7243 when running out of texts), but PPC's account management is better than some of the other MVNO's.

t_murphy
@166.147.104.x

t_murphy

Anon

I clicked on "live chat". The screen opened and no one joined the session. (shrugs). I looked into VZW prepaid and would have gone with the $0.99/day plan had they allowed my existing post-pay device on the prepay service. This phone is really only used 6-8 months a year when I'm out working in the dirt and grime and don't want to fumble with or risk ruining a $750 phone. The number belonged to my late MIL so it doesn't get dunning or other junk calls. The phone is a Casio Boulder and can be hosed off when it falls in the muck. The phone/number combo is perfect for what we use it for. Anyway, it's now back on our legacy 700 minute nationwide family talk and text plan for $10/mo (12.80 after taxes and fees) I learned my PPC service was screwed up while spraying fence rows and noticing my neighbor's house was on fire. Even calls to 911 were intercepted by the "error processing your call" message. I'm on 1400 acres, in a very rural area, and it took precious time to get to a working phone to call for help. From now on, if I want to save a few $$$, I'll suspend service for a few months during the winter. Thanks for your help. The ESN reset idea is what sparked the idea to swap to the old phone as it would force a reset in the system