spc
Search similar:

uniqs
chevyowner
join:2013-07-04
Preston, ID

chevyowner

MLPPP?

Is there a way to test if my ISP supports MLPPP?
My ISP is CenturyLink.
I am asking because the local tech said they were working on adding support for it about 3 months ago.

No I want add his name.

PS
Calling CenturyLink will not do any good as according to CenturyLink they don't offer service here, but the CenturyLink bill begs to differ.

Juan_Valdez
@67.2.208.x

Juan_Valdez

Anon

IDK But I do know if I put my modem in bonding mode my downsteam SNR margin increases dramatically from 13.4 to 56dB.
chevyowner
Preston, ID

chevyowner

Do you mean bridge or bond?
said by Juan_Valdez :

IDK But I do know if I put my modem in bonding mode my downsteam SNR margin increases dramatically from 13.4 to 56dB.

TAZ
join:2014-01-03
Tucson, AZ

TAZ to chevyowner

to chevyowner
They don't currently support it. This is the first I've heard of potential support for it (the local tech you mentioned). Did the tech say MLPPP specifically? He could have been referring to the G.998 bonding solution they currently offer on business accounts - perhaps they're planning to offer that on residential too (about !(@#*!@ time!).
chevyowner
Preston, ID

chevyowner

That is what he said, but I am unsure. I would like to use it if it does work, but I am not ready to fight to get a second line if it does not work. My area recently got a speed upgrade and we can now get 12Mbps instead of being limited to 7Mbps.