All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lescarlson
join:2012-01-06
united state

lescarlson

[Phone] Has anyone dropped land line where Frontier is the only...

Where I live Frontier is the only telephone / internet option around. At present we pay $36 for 6Meg DSL. Plus land line, plus long distance, plus fees and taxes up the wahzoo. There are VOIP services for much less than our land line and associated costs.

My question is has anyone (where Frontier is your only option) dropped their land line and kept their DSL?

Then, did Frontier raise your DSL cost?

Also, is your VOIP experience comparable to the land line?

landrover
join:2013-09-17
Martinsburg, WV

landrover

We have a DSL only line with Frontier. It costs $29.99, but after tax & fees about $34. Much cheaper than having phone service.
afbrandt
join:2009-10-18
Chicago, IL

afbrandt to lescarlson

to lescarlson
I had Frontier voice and DSL. I dropped voice (expensive and poor line quality). I kept the DSL, but speeds dropped after they took over from Verizon. Because of poor speeds (DSL is almost unusable in the evenings) voip would not work well, I opted for AT&T's wireless home phone. I am also paying for wireless internet as a backup in the evenings, which I have to closely watch due to costs. Frontier has promised upgrades to their network, but I have not seen anything in northern Michigan.
lescarlson
join:2012-01-06
united state

lescarlson to landrover

to landrover
Landrover,

Is Frontier the only internet service provider in your area?

Who is your VOIP service provider and has that been a good experience?

landrover
join:2013-09-17
Martinsburg, WV

landrover

Frontier is our only ISP. I don't have VOIP, however, if you are looking to gauge how it might handle, run a test on pingtest.net - I believe that shows line jitter in addition to ping & packet loss.
said by lescarlson:

Landrover,

Is Frontier the only internet service provider in your area?

Who is your VOIP service provider and has that been a good experience?