spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Timmn
join:2000-04-23
Tinley Park, IL

Timmn

Dumb Question

Next door to my house is a parking lot for a restaurant that is very popular with AT&T technicians. They back their truck into the parking space, and then get two red traffic cones and put one in front and one in the back of the truck. There are no back-to-back parking spaces, so one of the cones is always in the grass behind the truck.

So, why do they do that? It's not going to prevent anyone from hitting the truck, in fact, today I watched a guy in a car leave the parking lot with a cone stuck under his back bumper. Is it a company rule? What's the logic behind it?
Paul in WA
join:2010-09-11
Centralia, WA

Paul in WA

When I worked for Viacom cable it was a rule that was instituted after a driver ran over a small child who was playing behind the truck. The idea of course is that the driver, while removing the cones will see any danger before she or he drives off.
Timmn
join:2000-04-23
Tinley Park, IL

Timmn

Thanks, sounds logical, I wish I had thought of that.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to Timmn

Premium Member

to Timmn
It is for safety reasons people can see the truck & they have to go behind the truck so they can see behind it & look at the area & truck for any hazards. You should also go behind & look before backing up for safety of you & others. I always look before backing up.

Ebolla
join:2005-09-28
Dracut, MA

Ebolla to Timmn

to Timmn
It is to do a forced check around the vehicle, children, animals or even accidently leaving a tool on ground, most telcom's techs do it