uniqs

dliw
Premium Member
join:2003-03-09
Elsewhere

dliw

Premium Member

Upload images

Just recently switched from Apple to Andriod, have a LG Optimus Pro, and can't upload images to this site. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

Should be no different... it's a function of the browser. My recommendation is to use Chrome as your browser.
tcope

tcope to dliw

Premium Member

to dliw
Yup, it worked just fine for me using Chrome. Is there a certain part that is not working for you?

I used the Chrome to Phone Extension to send this page from my laptop browser (Chrome) to my phone (it sends the link). I then used Chrome on my phone to enter a new message and used the Choose File to attach the screen shot. Each Android OS is going to show slightly different ways to select the file but it should simply give you choices.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia to dliw

Premium Member

to dliw
Using Firefox for Android and I do it all the time with no issues.

dliw
Premium Member
Elsewhere

dliw

Premium Member

On Chrome but still isn't working. Thought it was signal strength but I'm on wifi. It does show up pre upload.
tcope
Premium Member
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

In the prior post it appears you are attempting to link to something stored on tumblr.com. It appears that you are not linking to the proper photo. So we can't know what you are trying to post.

Are you uploading directly from the phone's gallery?

dliw
Premium Member
Elsewhere

dliw

Premium Member

The pics are from Tumblr and coming from Gallery. I'll try from a diffent folder.
dliw

dliw to tcope

Premium Member

to tcope
Mystery solved. Tumblr must store pics as a url. Is there a way to change that? Thank you and a thank you to all posters. I do like this LG Optimus Pro.
tcope
Premium Member
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

I don't use Tumblr but most hosting services don't allow/want images linked. It does nothing for their site and only taxes their servers. If you want to upload a photo you need to have it locally.

dliw
Premium Member
Elsewhere

dliw

Premium Member

Thank you. I knew that info but didn't realize Tumblr downloads differently. I wonder if I put them in another folder the storage would be different for upload?