Search similar:

uniqs
redbrown02
join:2014-08-02
Richmond, VA

1 edit

redbrown02

[Cust Svc] one week in and we are leaving

We went with Comcast to save some money. I had heart valve replacement surgery and we have a ton of medical bills to pay. We found that by purchasing your internet and cable service we could save 50% a month on our current rate. That is money towards a medical bill for us.

But here is where it goes bad. Comcast sent a "contractor" out to our home to install the line and run the equipment. Not a problem so far. He was the be here between 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm. Got here about 7pm and left at 10 pm.

This guy shows up dressed very clean and ready to out on the town. Since I get up at 3am for work (I am a truck driver). I went to bed at 8pm. My Wife usually goes to bed at the same time since she gets up at 4am to be at work by 6 am.

Now you must know that he showed up three(3) days after the original install date. The office on Ironbridge Rd in North Chesterfield Virginia gave us the major run around when they couldn't get someone out on the original install date. Actually the first person sent refused to install since he had to run a line from the pole to the house. Said he didn't run lines when a tree was in his way.

The office on Ironbridge rd then wanted us to wait three weeks before an install could be done. So three days later we get this "contractor" to install. As I stated earlier he shows up at 7pm. He did run the line from the pole.

This home was rental property for me for many years as I was driving over the road. So for nearly 20 years this home has had cable and, satelight service. All cabling has been run under the house. All holes are drilled in the proper place.

All he had to do was push the wire through the holes already created. But no. He drilled new holes. THROUGH MY ALMINUM SIDING! And into the interior walls of my house. He did ask to drill one hole to mount the box on the outside of the house. That is the only hole we agreed to.

He ran the cabling around the house stapling it to my aluminum siding. And, most staples pierced the wiring. So now the signal goes on and off all day long.

I got up at one point to use the rest room since I went to bed while he was installing. I found him towering over my wife, literally. My wife has bared him from coming here again.

Now to have the cable run properly under the house and all his mistakes corrected has been a challenge. Each time the Ironbridge rd facility sends someone out. They claim they are there to make sure the service is working. This is after ironbridge facility tells my wife they are coming to repair all mistakes and damage done by the contractor.

When we call back the service department puts my wife or myself on hold and we never hear from them again. We ask for a supervisor and we are told they will call us in an hour. This has been the longest hour I have ever seen.

On the 6th of august Comcast is suppose to come out again. Only God know why he is coming. On the 7th of August Verizon is coming to place their equipment in. Because of the very bad treatment, damage done to my home by a LAZY contractor and the intimidation he gave my wife, WE ARE GOING TO CANCELL YOUR SERVICE ON THE 8TH. That is only 2 and a half weeks of service. If this is Comcast best I would hate to see your worst!

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

If you're wanting to get reimbursement for the damages, your best bet is to file a formal complaint -- which is OUTSIDE of the call center. Options include an email to their "Executive" Support Team at We_can_help@cable.comcast.com (people report mixed results), or a BBB complaint with lots of details. Be sure to have pictures, etc. If all goes well, you should hear from Comcast's insurance company.

My sympathies as I've had at least 2 awful contractors from the hot spot do installs. One left a 10-12 inch hole in my brand new drywall. Another didn't want to climb the pole, go into my attic (sorry buddy) and expected me to move an entertainment unit that was ALREADY seven feet from the wall. I have a heart condition and this nut expected me to move it despite the fact he could easily hook up the coax to an existing outlet. *sigh*

If you cancel your service and return any leased equipment, hold on to your receipt -- forever. Many folks report being turned over to a collection agency for "unreturned equipment" so you'll need that receipt.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er to redbrown02

to redbrown02
sounds like some laziness...

be aware verizon is going to make more holes.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to redbrown02

Premium Member

to redbrown02
Not to judge, but really. A tech comes to install cable and you and your wife go to bed.
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts to redbrown02

to redbrown02
said by redbrown02:

WI found him towering over my wife, literally.

I think part of the story is missing, here. Was he standing at the foot of your bed or something? Why was he in there in the first place? This is the most damning part of your story and it's amazing that you just glaze over it.

I'm also not quite clear why you scheduled this appointment so late in the day if you have to go to bed early in order to get up early.

WoofieInPC
Premium Member
join:2009-04-04
Panama City, FL

WoofieInPC to redbrown02

Premium Member

to redbrown02
I cannot imagine both my wife and I going to bed while a stranger was in the house.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to redbrown02

Premium Member

to redbrown02
Pictures? of the work, not your wife of course.
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to WoofieInPC

Premium Member

to WoofieInPC
Totally great point. In today's morally bankrupt society, I would not trust anyone in my home.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to redbrown02

MVM

to redbrown02
The first of a series of articles on The Verge site today, based on interviews with 100 Comcast employees:

Comcast Confessions: why the cable guy is always late
More than 100 Comcast employees spoke to The Verge about life inside the nation’s largest cable and broadband company
By Adrianne Jeffries, The Verge - August 4, 2014
»www.theverge.com/2014/8/ ··· ays-late

celeritypc
For Lucky Best Wash, Use Mr. Sparkle
Premium Member
join:2004-05-15
Caldwell, NJ

celeritypc

Premium Member

Interesting. Ironically, the one area I have had no issues with Comcast is their technicians. I have had both Comcast employees and contractors (Prince Telecom) show up at my house and in all cases, they were on-time, professional, courteous and made sure the job was done before they left. They have even called me to tell me they were on their way or would be delayed. Still, they always came within the appointment window. I'm in no way saying all techs are like that but I have been pretty fortunate.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

The first of a series of articles on The Verge site today, based on interviews with 100 Comcast employees:

More than 100 Comcast employees spoke to The Verge about life inside the nation’s largest cable and broadband company

The next article in this series:

Get through to Comcast's semi-secret customer service line with one of these special cards
The "We're On It" program is part of the company's efforts to improve customer service
By Adrianne Jeffries, The Verge - August 7, 2014
»www.theverge.com/2014/8/ ··· es-cards
hydrogen3
join:2014-08-01
Gaithersburg, MD

hydrogen3 to celeritypc

to celeritypc
I think this story is a little far fetched...I've received nothing but stealer customer support from Cc..

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by hydrogen3:

...I've received nothing but stealer customer support from Cc..

That may have been a Freudian slip, but I think you meant to say "stellar."
hydrogen3
join:2014-08-01
Gaithersburg, MD

hydrogen3

yes, Thank you.. I stand corrected.

tigerpaw509
join:2011-01-19

tigerpaw509 to redbrown02

to redbrown02
I just had a comcast employee...not a contractor....for freezing/pixalation and no internet.He fixed everything and was gone in one hour,great job.I had 2 contractors do my original install a few years ago and I dont think the could of trouble shot a burned out light bulb.One kid was 18 with 3 months service and he was training a 60 year old.As a rule contract companys have a 80% turnover rate and pay piece meal to their workers.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Pretty well hit it on the money. Wasnt always like that but sure is now.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

said by telcodad:

Get through to Comcast's semi-secret customer service line with one of these special cards
The "We're On It" program is part of the company's efforts to improve customer service

The third article in the series:

Comcast Confessions: growing pains of a Goliath
There is no one Comcast
By Adrianne Jeffries, The Verge - August 11, 2014
»www.theverge.com/2014/8/ ··· -comcast
telcodad

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

said by telcodad:

said by telcodad:

The third article in the series:

Comcast Confessions: growing pains of a Goliath
There is no one Comcast
By Adrianne Jeffries, The Verge - August 11, 2014
»www.theverge.com/2014/8/ ··· -comcast

The final article in the series:

The worst company in America
What happens when the most unpopular company in the US merges with the runner-up?
By Adrianne Jeffries, The Verge - August 19, 2014
»www.theverge.com/2014/8/ ··· -america