Las Vegas, NV

Amen.

natedj
Elected
Premium
join:2001-06-06
Columbia, SC
reply to scott_urman

That one struck a nerve with me cause I bought a laser lever, after copious amounts of research and its still sitting in the closet ... retail box is still sealed and in tact.
--
Good judgement comes with experience...Experience comes after bad judgements

TheSMJ

join:2009-08-19
Farmington, MI
reply to scott_urman

My dad has a laser level. While it's true that it doesn't get used a lot it sure is handy when you need it.

It's great for hanging pictures and I also used it to pinpoint where I needed to place speakers in my family room per DDS requirements, as my dad's has a 360 deg. protractor on the bottom that it can swivel on.

As for the cost, I think it was ~$20.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand
reply to scott_urman

I have my fathers old school optic level that I built my mothers house with . . . it doesn't use batteries and still works. I also have to TOPO a piece of property to see about drainage issues.

--
August is National Breastfeeding Month

scott_urman

join:2002-07-18
San Mateo, CA
reply to scott_urman

Anything need crowing?

»www.sheldoncomics.com/archive/140804.html

iknow_t

join:2012-05-03
reply to natedj

said by natedj:

That one struck a nerve with me cause I bought a laser lever, after copious amounts of research and its still sitting in the closet ... retail box is still sealed and in tact.

well, that's good, laser levers never did work, it's a sham..

RipTides

join:2002-05-25
Dallas, GA
reply to scott_urman

I got a cheap-o stocking stuffer laser level about.. 10 years back for xmas.. opened it up.. looked all impressed, thanked the giving party.. and as noted.. forgot about it. Pulled it out last year to hang a new set of curtain rods in the bedroom, for the wife, where there's two windows on the wall, so this time they'd match.

I get it out, and the effing prism falls out of the device making it nothing more than a "laser pointer"... So it now belongs to the cat.

InigoMontoya

join:2014-04-28
kudos:1
reply to iknow_t

said by iknow_t:

said by natedj:

well, that's good, laser levers never did work, it's a sham..

You don't say Bob Vila.