Search similar:

uniqs

Guil
@67.68.123.x

Guil

Anon

Nettalk Duo Vs Bell Fibe (QC)

Hey guys,

I was on Videotron Cable and used a Nettalk Duo connected directly to my Netgear N600 router; everything was working fine.

I switched recently to Bell Fibe (Sagemcom Fast 2520 hub) and the nettalk won't work in any way shape or form since.

I tried a bunch of firewall settings, and plugging it in to different part of the network, but no dice.

Any advice, or similar experience?

Thanks!

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

There are a lot of people with this issue, they couldn't get it working.
You may need to put the Sagemcom in bridge mode and use another router.
fishboy112
join:2008-07-21
Cobourg, ON

fishboy112 to Guil

to Guil
isnt the bell fibe hub also a built in router? this would cause issues, but like the other guy said you could put it into bridge mode, also if you have FTTH you can use just your router and not use the bell hub at all supposedly

Guil
@67.68.123.x

Guil to Nitra

Anon

to Nitra
How do I put it in bridge mode? I do not see any settings that sound related in the control panel

I'd love to keep using the N600, its antenna is better than the Sagemcom.

Thanks

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

What speed is your connection?
And are you using Fibetv?
Nitra

Nitra

If not using Fibetv, and you have less than a 50/10 connection, simply remove the user name and pass from the Sagemcom.
Plug the N600 into port 1 on the Sagemcom.
Setup the connection on the N600.

You may need to call Bell to get the b1 user/password

Guil
@67.68.123.x

Guil

Anon

I have only 5/1, but I do have FibeTV.

I do have the login/pass.

what does having FibeTV do in this scenario?

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

Yes, but, all the Receivers need to stay connected to the Sagemcom.
Do not remove the login info from the TV portion.

Guil
@67.68.123.x

Guil

Anon

Re: Nettalk Duo Vs Bell Fibe (QC) (solved)

For the benefit of anyone stumbling on this in the future:

It works just fine this way:

- Plugged the WAN port of the N600 into a LAN port of the Sagemcom. I removed the Internet login/pass from the Sagemcom control panel (Bell Home Hub 2000), and set up the RangeMax N600 as a PPPoE connection with the Bell Internet login and password.

- I then plugged the Nettalk into the N600 as it always was. Worked right away and no particular problems ever since.

Haven't had any slowdowns on the internet connection in that configuration but it is only a 5/1 (although I get almost 15mbps down most of the time).

Thanks for the replies.

Matrix
@70.26.63.x

Matrix

Anon

I encountered the same problem. Your answer helped a lot. I don't know how to remove PPPOE user/password from BELL modem, so I just configured my own router to use BELL's PPPOE account name and password, and it works really well.