tlbepson
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
dc metro

tlbepson to Duramax08

Premium Member

to Duramax08
Nifty looking chair...'-}}

It looks like you can move the arms/arm support out horizontally? I like the arm a bit wider because i sit cross-legged most of the time...

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY

Packeteers to Duramax08

Premium Member

to Duramax08
i'm interested. i'm going to sell my much hated ikea marcus on craigslist for some
back to school sucker to buy, so i'm looking for high back office chair alternatives.

does dxracer ever do any promo/coupon codes, or just the free ship.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

said by Noah Vail:

I have an old analog chair.

I just got fed up with the $100 chairs from the office stores. They dont seem to last a year or 2. Latest one broke that connects the armrest to the backrest. You can see where it formed bubbles when the plastic was being molded. My current armrest is a piece of plywood.
said by tlbepson:

It looks like you can move the arms/arm support out horizontally? I like the arm a bit wider because i sit cross-legged most of the time...

Not really sure. Looks like theres a little bit of play you can adjust it to.
said by Packeteers:

does dxracer ever do any promo/coupon codes, or just the free ship.

All I could find is free shipping, which is set by default. They had the exact same chair at amazon, sold by dxracer. I did that so I have 6 months no interest to pay off the chair with my amazon card.
tlbepson
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
dc metro

tlbepson

Premium Member

>>duramax08: I just got fed up with the $100 chairs from the office stores. They dont seem to last a year or 2.

I've been very, very lucky with the office chair I bought at Staples 6-8 years ago for ummm...$99-ish as it's still a decent chair. Other than the seat and arm rests, it's basically mesh--an inexpensive knockoff of that classic one whose maker I can't remember. The height adjusts (good thing since I'm short...'-}}) and it has a rock (back) control. It's very comfortable and the seat is wider than most of the office chairs I've looked at recently so I don't feel squashed...'-}}

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

I had a mesh chair at one point, but the back rest started to lean down more and more (only support was on the seat). Then again, I bought it at big lots for $75, so thats my mistake.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY

Packeteers to tlbepson

Premium Member

to tlbepson
I got some comfy $40 high back staples chairs, but i would not sit in them 70 hours while coding a week - need something better for that.