spc
Search similar:

uniqs
allowiches
join:2012-04-01
Palm Coast, FL

allowiches

[CFL] Will install techs bridge modem?

It finally happened. My 24 month package plan expires in a couple of weeks and to get a new "discounted" package I have to change from turbo 20 to lightning 30. This requires a truck roll to install a new modem.

Will the tech put it into bridge mode since my old router is in bridge?

Or will I need to post in direct once installed?

StephenRC
join:2013-11-02
Satellite Beach, FL

1 recommendation

StephenRC

No they won't bridge it. Post in the direct forum for that.

If you have phone service, the tech may install two modems. That's what I have, a Motorola SB6141 for the internet and a Scientific Atlanta for the phone.

paradigmfl
join:2005-07-16

1 recommendation

paradigmfl to allowiches

to allowiches
Better yet INSIST that they install a modem only device which does not have to be bridged. It's best to keep things simple.
fromda386
join:2014-08-03
Ormond Beach, FL

fromda386 to allowiches

to allowiches
If need be, they can call dispatch and have it bridged over the phone. I promise.
waternut1313
join:2013-06-13
Orlando, FL

waternut1313 to StephenRC

to StephenRC
I plus this,Let Gary take care of it in Direct. Last time I had a modem replaced the tech tried to put it in bridge mode himself. Yea he didn't know how to do it and ending up messing the whole thing up. Took tech support an hour trying to fix it.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to allowiches

Premium Member

to allowiches
said by allowiches:

It finally happened. My 24 month package plan expires in a couple of weeks and to get a new "discounted" package I have to change from turbo 20 to lightning 30. This requires a truck roll to install a new modem.

Yes they will bridge your modem upon request....see me in direct if the installer gives you any grief...in fact while they are there just msg me.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to fromda386

Premium Member

to fromda386
said by fromda386:

If need be, they can call dispatch and have it bridged over the phone. I promise.

Dispatch doesn't bridge modems...the techs do it onsite and have been trained to do so.
BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to allowiches
said by allowiches:

If you want a 6141 I can specify this modem to be installed...but you need to get with me asap in direct so I can make it happen.
allowiches
Palm Coast, FL

allowiches

said by BHNtechXpert:

If you want a 6141 I can specify this modem to be installed...but you need to get with me asap in direct so I can make it happen.

Thanks for the offer. My appointment isn't until the 16th. My router is a RT-N56U and I have phone service. What is the 6141? Is it a better modem?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to allowiches
If you have phone service then probably not going to be an option unless you want a second modem in your home.
allowiches
Palm Coast, FL

allowiches

I think I'll stick with one, but thanks again for the offer.
allowiches

allowiches

Gary - Can a note be attached to the service call saying that the modem should be bridged? Then the tech will be prepared for it and if he gives me grief I can say it is on the service call. It is a Saturday morning appointment so reaching out to you may be delayed. Plus my internet will be down.

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah to allowiches

Premium Member

to allowiches
The tech this weekend dropped one of those large Arris units, I assume the home phone still works though, haven't tried it, but he did not leave a second modem. He also forgot the bridge it, but I was able to login to the modem and figure it out.