spc
Search similar:

uniqs
hgratt
join:2003-12-09
Plano, TX

hgratt

Short Freezes on Several Stations - Plano, Texas

Noticed several short freezes of movies on the SyFy channel (and one or two other premium channels) over the last couple of days. They last about a second or so. Anyone else notice this?

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip

Not I, out of the Legacy Rd. CO, east of Custer.
hgratt
Plano, TX

hgratt

Oh, well, looks like I'll be calling Verizon to check my service and/or replace the DVR. If no one else is seeing this and given that I could rewind the movie back and repeat the problem consistently, it must be the DVR (or the feed into my home) and not the tv.

silsmith27
@173.48.219.x

silsmith27 to hgratt

Anon

to hgratt
I am having the same problems. It was just once in a while in the past, but the last couple of days have been painful with pauses every few minutes and then it stops for a while, but starts up again.
hgratt
Plano, TX

hgratt

said by silsmith27 :

I am having the same problems. It was just once in a while in the past, but the last couple of days have been painful with pauses every few minutes and then it stops for a while, but starts up again.

Maybe it is the service and not the DVR. I'm in zip code 75023. Will be checking with Verizon tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip to hgratt

to hgratt
I'm on cable card here (TiVo).

julesism
join:2001-12-12
North Little Rock, AR

julesism to hgratt

to hgratt
I have not noticed any issues in Lewisville but we mostly watch live sports and the local channels.

PhoenixOne
join:2009-12-16
Old Bethpage, NY

PhoenixOne to hgratt

to hgratt
It happened a bunch of times today while watching Nascar on ESPN in VH05.
hgratt
Plano, TX

hgratt

Checked with Verizon - no known problem. Went thru the useless exercise of resetting the box. Told them if it happens again I will want the DVR replaced - at this point I think it's a feed issue.
eqshadimar
Premium Member
join:2004-10-20
Austin, TX

eqshadimar to hgratt

Premium Member

to hgratt
Have you checked that all the coax connections are tight? I have had this issue a couple of times on random channels and every time the issue was solved by retightening the coax connections. Just a thought.

I also live in 75023 and did not notice any general issues over the weekend. I didn't watch any SyFy though.

Laters,
Jeff
hgratt
Plano, TX

hgratt

said by eqshadimar:

Have you checked that all the coax connections are tight? I have had this issue a couple of times on random channels and every time the issue was solved by retightening the coax connections. Just a thought.

I also live in 75023 and did not notice any general issues over the weekend. I didn't watch any SyFy though.

Laters,
Jeff

Yeah, all the connections were checked and are tight. The problem is very intermittent, maybe once a month or more, on only one or two channels. And even then it only lasted for a few seconds once or twice during the show. Also, some others have reported a similar issue.

When you had the problem, did it remain an issue until you re-tightened the connectors?
kennye
join:2009-02-05
Carrollton, TX

kennye to hgratt

to hgratt
The only time there are consistent freezes is when a dvr recording ends. There is usually a 1-2 second pause. The pause only looks to impact the viewing. Have not seen the pause on recordings, although it is always at the end. This has been going for a couple of months and might be related to latest img upgrade. Overall, there seem to be more unexpected pauses and pixelations the past few months.
hgratt
Plano, TX

hgratt

said by kennye:

The only time there are consistent freezes is when a dvr recording ends. There is usually a 1-2 second pause. The pause only looks to impact the viewing. Have not seen the pause on recordings, although it is always at the end. This has been going for a couple of months and might be related to latest img upgrade. Overall, there seem to be more unexpected pauses and pixelations the past few months.

I've noticed that also. Whenever my DVR starts to record a show or ends recording a show, the show I'm watching momentarily freezes.
eqshadimar
Premium Member
join:2004-10-20
Austin, TX

eqshadimar to hgratt

Premium Member

to hgratt
In my case yes but it could just be that when you turn off the box and remove the coax, it forces a full reset on the box.

Laters,
Jeff

rexbinary
MOD King
Premium Member
join:2005-01-26
Plano, TX

rexbinary to hgratt

Premium Member

to hgratt
I'm having pixelization and freezing across all TVs, especially on food network starting tonight in East Plano.