spc
Search similar:

uniqs

going_dry
@206.248.177.x

going_dry

Anon

[DSL] Going dry

I am thinking about get rid of the POTS line and switching over to dry loop. From reading previous post here, the best way would be to ask to get the DSL switched over to the second line. Is the cost $50 for a service change or its more than that ( not including the monthly $5)? I guess that also need a tech visit?

Is there an alternative? Can I just cancel my phone service and start paying the monthly fee? Would there be a service interruption if doing this?

What's the best way to proceed? We don't care if we need to get a new phone # when going with a VOIP provider.

Thanks

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS

Premium Member

Hello there,

Thank you for your questions.

Cancelling your phone will only stop your DSL service from working.

To avoid any downtime the best way to go about it is to activate a dry loop service on the second pair. The activation fee is $50, you will also need to pay for the first month of service and dry loop fee up front.

If you have any other questions please feel free to either post in the »/fo ··· avdirect Forum or call an agent at 1-877-779-1575.

Thank you,
Shawn S

going_dry
@206.248.177.x

going_dry

Anon

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am already paying for DSL so I am not sure I understand the need to pay for first month of service but I'll go and post in the direct forum or phone to get clarifications.

Thanks again

Zenphic
join:2007-03-05
Canada

Zenphic to going_dry

to going_dry
I'm thinking of going dry too. Let me know what you find out, if possible!

Thanks!

MacGyver

join:2001-10-14
Vancouver, BC

MacGyver to going_dry

to going_dry
Every service change with Teksavvy is like a new service, so you need to pay activation again. Even if you're simply upgrading the existing line.