All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Idahospud
join:2013-06-11
Boise, ID

Idahospud

Cable one just died in my area for 2 and a half hours.

no cable, no telephone, no internet... for 2 hours during peak hours. Called cable one and all they would say that there was a widespread complete outage in my area. Is there a way to find out what happened that caused it? I wish internet would be regulated like a utility because things like this won't happen.
John Patrick
join:2001-06-07
Sioux City, IA
·Sparklight

John Patrick

Even if they where like a utility how is any regulation going to make repairs faster? If a car took out a utility pole it takes time to roll a truck and repair the line. Any electric utility is in the same boat think of the last couple hard winters or ice storms easy to knock out power and cable with exposed lines. I've seen electric company's take days to restore power to a whole town. In my opinion 2.5 hours is a fast repair.

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to Idahospud

to Idahospud
Hmm didn't notice it in my area of Boise however I wasn't online last nite. Even though 2.5 hours is a bit long for an outage, there my have been some extraneous circumstances causing the delayed outage. This doesn't happen often. I actually can't remember the last outage save for the fires of last year that knocked out our power on the east side for a couple of hours. C1 has been good and done a good job to get service going quickly if theres an outage. Regulation won't do anything. Even though ISP should be like a utility, Idaho Power has outages as well. We were with out power for several hours a few months ago and they are regulated. it wouldn't be any different in that regard.