join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1

1 edit

[iPhone] Apple to Hold iPhone Event on September 9

quote:
Apple to Hold iPhone Event on September 9

Tuesday August 5, 2014 10:19 am PDT by Juli Clover

Apple will launch its next-generation iPhone 6 at an event on Tuesday, September 9, reports Re/code »recode.net/2014/08/05/codered-ap···-sept-9/. The company has reportedly scheduled a big media event for that date and in the past, September has been a month reserved for the introduction of new iPhones.

Following the September 9 introduction, the iPhone 6 will likely be available to customers on a corresponding Friday roughly a week and a half later, possibly September 19.

Apple has scheduled a big media event for Tuesday, Sept. 9 — a date to which Apple numerologists will strain to attribute significance. As with September events past, the focal point of this one is to be Apple’s next-generation iPhones, which are expected to feature larger displays of 4.7 and 5.5 inches and run speedy new A8 processors. Apple declined comment.

Apple's iPhone 6 launch event will see the debut of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, which is expected to include a thinner, lighter chassis with an iPod-touch style design along with an A8 processor and an improved camera. The event may also see the introduction of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6, which is said to be experiencing production issues and may ship to customers somewhat later than the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, in late 2014 or early 2015...
»www.macrumors.com/2014/08/05/app···ember-9/

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

About time.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

At least now I can plan for the transfer of my iPhone 5 to the person who got my old iPhone 4 (she recently dumped it in the washing machine, mic is shot)

NefCanuck

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

And my purchase of an iPhone 5s looms nearer if there's nothing in the same size announced...
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to haroldo

Looking forward to it. Perhaps we will finally see if this 5.5" iPhone is an actual thing or not. Until recently I was pretty sure it didn't exist, but after seeing a couple possible parts leaks, I'm admittedly getting my hopes up.

My wife is content with her iPhone 5, so I'll probably upgrade mine no matter what. If a 5.5" comes along later, I'll use her upgrade on it and give her my phone. Only thing is, that means I need to order a white/silver one to help seal the deal later...
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -?lafr H?skuldsson

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to haroldo

I wonder what naming convention Apple will use if they announce / release two iPhone models,....?

iPhone Pro (for the larger screen) and iPhone Air (for the smaller version),.....?

That doesn't really sound right though,.....IMO.

enon

@96.26.101.x
reply to haroldo

said by haroldo:

the iPhone 6 will likely be available to customers on a corresponding Friday roughly a week and a half later, possibly September 19.

That would be annoying for the very large number of of us that do a 2-year replacement cycle. The iPhone 5 was released on September 21. So it's wait 2 days while the phones most likely sell out, or break your contract and pay an ETF.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

In the past AT&T has waived our ETF if we're within a month of the contract ending AND we're signing up with a new phone/contract.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
Reviews:
·Vonage

If you have had them long enough they will let sometimes let you upgrade yearly still. I went from the 4s to the 5 by just calling CS and asking. They did it no problem. We have had them for 14 years and pay $200/month, so that may have helped a bit.

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY
reply to darcilicious

AT&T you don't need to be on the exact date you signed up, just within the month.
--
Any it new they in one. You here for mine you here.
-JV

banditws6
Premium
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to haroldo

Anyone know if T-Mobile has been getting new iPhones on launch day in recent years? I am thinking of jumping ship from AT&T after 7 years due to the runaway cost and my dislike of their new pricing structure.
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -?lafr H?skuldsson

cableties
Premium
join:2005-01-27

1 recommendation

reply to haroldo

Sept 9th!!!!
meh. I'm looking forward to Destiny...
--
Splat

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11

1 recommendation

reply to banditws6

They should have them available online, same as the other carriers. In store is a crapshoot.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

NefCanuck

Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to enon

said by enon :

said by haroldo:

the iPhone 6 will likely be available to customers on a corresponding Friday roughly a week and a half later, possibly September 19.

That would be annoying for the very large number of of us that do a 2-year replacement cycle. The iPhone 5 was released on September 21. So it's wait 2 days while the phones most likely sell out, or break your contract and pay an ETF.

I'd more curious to see if Apple can finally figure out to have a phone launch at least for *North America* on the same date.

Annoying living in Canuckistan and finding out that the phone will be available at least a few weeks earlier in the US than Canada for no reason I can fathom (Unless they're busy trying to figure out how to make sure that they don't freeze when the phone is shipped north of the 49th parallel )

Bout time, the person who is after my iPhone 5 is getting impatient, wait until they realize its a different connector *&* SIM card than the iPhone 4 that they dunked in the washing machine.

NefCanuck

Riamen
Premium
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

said by NefCanuck:

I'd more curious to see if Apple can finally figure out to have a phone launch at least for *North America* on the same date.

Annoying living in Canuckistan and finding out that the phone will be available at least a few weeks earlier in the US than Canada for no reason I can fathom (Unless they're busy trying to figure out how to make sure that they don't freeze when the phone is shipped north of the 49th parallel )

Not sure what you're talking about. iPhone releases in Canada have been on the same date as the US since the 4s.

banditws6
Premium
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Thinkdiff

said by Thinkdiff:

They should have them available online, same as the other carriers. In store is a crapshoot.

Excellent, thank you. I'd be doing an online order on launch night most likely, so I might go the T-Mo route. AT&T's new pricing is going to increase my monthly bill by $35 or more, whereas T-Mo would get me the same service for the same amount I pay today with a few extras besides. And according to my friends their coverage is good in DFW.

said by cableties:

meh. I'm looking forward to Destiny...

Same here. Probably going to take 9/9 off. Between Destiny and the iPhone media event, there's too much fun stuff to do.
--

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to haroldo

I wonder what will happen with the iPhone 5C. I'm assuming the 5C would be free, 5S $99 and 6 for $199.

NefCanuck

Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Riamen

said by Riamen:

said by NefCanuck:

Annoying living in Canuckistan and finding out that the phone will be availabl at least a few weeks earlier in the US than Canada for no reason I can fathom (Unless they're busy trying to figure out how to make sure that they don't freeze when the phone is shipped north of the 49th parallel )

Not sure what you're talking about. iPhone releases in Canada have been on the same date as the US since the 4s.

Whoops, I don't know why I thought there was still a difference in launch dates between the US/Canada.

NefCanuck

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
reply to cableties

Could not agree more.