Search similar:

uniqs
DJRextor
join:2014-08-05
Mississauga, ON

DJRextor

Modem/Router Upgrade

Modem/Router Upgrade? Maybe?
New on BroadBand Forums here! I was hoping this was the right section to post it in though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So I have a bad modem and a router and I was thinking about upgrading it.

My modem: My Modem is the huawei: Mt130u and I was thinking if I can leave the modem and upgrade my router from a Airlink 101 AR670W to a Cisco Linksys EA2700. Do you think it is compatible with each other?

My Router: My router is the Airlink 101AR670W and the reason why I'm trying to upgrade from that to the Cisco Linksys EA2700 is because I'm sharing my internet with 6-7 people in the house and they all have multiple devices and that causes my internet to stop working for a bit or make everything load very slow or have really high ping. Also, I use an Ethernet cable for my laptop that I use for gaming and what not.

My Internet speeds: 45Mbps Download/5Mbps Upload (Cable)

Finally, if I the Huawei: MT130U is not compatible with the Cisco Linksys EA2700 then I was thinking about upgrading it from Huawei to Motorola SB6121 SURFboard.

Other helpful/useless information: My ISP requires a 3.0 DOCSIS Modem.

TL;DR: Is Huawei: MT130U compatible with Linksys EA 2700 or is an Upgraded needed from Huawei to Motorola SB6121 SURFboard. My internet speeds: 45Mbps Download/5Mbps Upload

Tex
Dave's not here
Premium Member
join:2012-10-20

Tex

Premium Member

If you post who your Canadian ISP is, the Mods can move your thread to the appropriate forum.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to DJRextor

Premium Member

to DJRextor
Your statements are confusing. If the Huawei cable modem is bad, as you stated, why are you concerned with its compatibility with a new WiFi wireless router? You will need a new cable modem anyway, if your old one is bad.

As Tex stated, posting your ISP will help get you some better answers specific to Canada.

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers to DJRextor

Mod

to DJRextor
Moved over from Electronics.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to DJRextor

MVM

to DJRextor
...compatible in what sense? From a physical connectivity perspective, so long as the Huawei has an RJ-45 interface to wire
into the Linksys EA2700, there's not much more compatibility needed than that.

My 00000010bits

Regards