Acct101
Premium
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
·T-Mobile US

[X1-X2] Anyone else not like the new XI boxes?

I had another freeze up on the DVR as I was FF it too quickly so i had to do a hard reboot and the show I was watching reset bank to the beginning. This is a common occurrence as well as the frequent stalls. Between this and the basic management of the guide is very annoying. I feel like I am using a Microsoft product. I hate it.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

I get a new update every night it seems like but I haven't experienced very many bugs. Unlike the old iguide where I felt like throwing the box out of my window.

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to Acct101

No problems for me - like it a lot

cbrigante2
Cubs 20??
Premium
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL
reply to Acct101

I'm not a huge fan of it that's for sure. I get box lockups on 2 of the non DVR boxes. I get DVR lockups as well. I get DVR recordings that can't play on any box but the DVR (Anyroom? Surely you jest?). I'd be more proactive with customer support but I've already been hung up on twice while being super polite (and no callback to the number in case we get disconnected).

So yes...I don't like them.

hydrogen3

join:2014-08-01
Gaithersburg, MD

I love my X1 box's Go comcastic, go comcastic, go comcastic go!

mike31US

join:2013-08-15
Auburn, WA
reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

I get a new update every night it seems like but I haven't experienced very many bugs. Unlike the old iguide where I felt like throwing the box out of my window.

My main DVR box runs just fine - my companion boxes seem to reboot on a nightly basis during 2-3am. They are slow and clunky at times also.

Acct101
Premium
Bensalem, PA
reply to Acct101

My XI boxes are sitting in a box. Fios came today. See you guys again when the sports packages are in HD.

cheeseman

join:2014-06-19
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:1

It's an X1, not an XI

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3

Acct is Roman.

Acct101
Premium
Bensalem, PA

First they take roman numbers away from the super bowl and now this? Schsshh

jm101

join:2011-07-17
Oakland, CA
reply to Acct101

It is definitely better than when we initially got it in February or March. Still seems somewhat buggy though.

hydrogen3

join:2014-08-01
Gaithersburg, MD

I love the X1 platform. Smooth, channels are crisp...

cbrigante2
Cubs 20??
Premium
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

I've got not problems with the channels. It's the AnyRoom DVR and non DVR units locking up that are the problem.