MIXZ1

join:2001-01-02
Mexico
Reviews:
·Prodigy Infinitum

2 edits

Outlook 2007 550 5.7.1 error in Gmail only

Click for full size
Outlook using Gmail POP working fine at 11 last night. This morning problems with Gmail POP and IMAP. All other POP accounts are fine. I have another machine with a Gmail IMAP setup that is producing the same error.

I've tried the Internet but can't find this exact error. The syntax of the message does not make sense:

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached (name obscured by Xs):

'XXXXXX XXXXX' on 8/6/2014 8:23 AM
550 5.7.1 the custom from if you believe this to be in error. ot3sm1983214obc.13 - gsmtp

Help would be greatly appreciated.

jukhan

@39.32.32.x
Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem. It was working fine till about 1700 hours (GMT +5).

When I tried to send an email around 2000 hours(GMT +5), I started getting this error.

I hope to get some help/feedback on this soon. Much apprciated.

Kind Regards.

brian4xp
Premium
join:2007-05-01
Lexington, KY
reply to MIXZ1
According to this thread:

»forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic···=2858597

it appears to be a gmail issue, not an Outlook (or Thunderbird) issue. I haven't found any announcements yet from Google acknowledging it.

FR2014

@79.50.69.x
reply to MIXZ1
Hi, I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. I checked the SSL and TLS connections, de-activated anti-virus but nothing changed. I am wondering if it's a gmail update problem. Any help is welcome!

Raventos

@81.165.26.x
reply to MIXZ1
Same here (located in Belgium).

Incoming mail works.

Webmail works in/outgoing.

brian4xp
Premium
Lexington, KY
reply to MIXZ1
OK, this lists many posts with the same problem. Hopefully Google will resolve it soon.

»productforums.google.com/forum/#···bird-etc

brian4xp
Premium
Lexington, KY
OK found another one. It appears to only be a problem when your email address has periods in the name.

»productforums.google.com/forum/#···sjMRFCUc

pippi

@75.161.13.x
Having the same issue this morning...
550 5.7.1 the custom from if you believe this to be in error.
Able to send email on webmail.

dwills

@209.183.28.x
reply to brian4xp
Same here. OK last night. Nothing today. It's just G Mail in Outlook. G mail on web is fine.

Ezmartinez

@174.0.77.x
reply to MIXZ1
I have the same issue but with Outlook 2010. I can receive emails. I cand send and receive emails using web mail. However I have other gmail account in the same Outlook going to the same pst file in the computer and works perfect. It seems that only certain accounts are having problems. i opened a ticket with Gmail.

Jimxn

@197.76.164.x
Even here in South Africa I have the same problem, I can receive but cannot send outgoing

jake in Miam

@107.222.204.x
reply to MIXZ1
Having same issues. receiving ok, but can not send.

mason

@174.50.217.x
reply to MIXZ1
same problem here, my Outlook 2010 receives my several gmail accounts. And sends my several gmail accounts except for 1. I was able to send 2 out this morning and for about the last 3 hours get the same message as you all -

brian4xp
Premium
Lexington, KY
reply to MIXZ1
Google employee just posted they are looking into the issue.

MIXZ1

Mexico
url please?

brian4xp
Premium
Lexington, KY
same thread in my other post

yabadabadoo

@98.160.177.x
reply to MIXZ1
I am having the EXACT same problem.

Everything worked fine last night, and early this morning. Then, at some point, the problem surfaced.

MIXZ1

Mexico
Reviews:
·Prodigy Infinitum
reply to brian4xp
Thanks.
said by brian4xp:

same thread in my other post

gittl

@99.109.255.x
reply to dwills
same here, just happened 2 hours ago and still not working. can't send mails

brian4xp
Premium
Lexington, KY
said by gittl :

same here, just happened 2 hours ago and still not working. can't send mails

There is a workaround that involves adding an additional email account without the periods in the name and marking it as an alias, but I'm not going to go to all that trouble just yet.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to brian4xp
said by brian4xp:

It appears to only be a problem when your email address has periods in the name.

I can confirm that. E-mail sends from a Gmail account without a dotted user name; i.e., "username@". E-mail fails from a Gmail account with a dotted name; i.e., "user.name@". If the "user.name@" account has an undotted "send as", that works; i.e., "Send As: <username@example.com>".
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

brian4xp
Premium
Lexington, KY
reply to MIXZ1
In the monster thread I posted earlier, some users are reporting that it seems to be fixed. I'm not at home so I can't check mine at the moment.

slm

@67.212.51.x
Gmail seems to working now in our office.

Ezmartinez

@174.0.77.x
reply to brian4xp
It is working on my side.

Xano

@188.37.220.x
reply to gittl
Come on Google, just rollback to the previous version and give us back the possibility to send emails via Outlook... i still need to awnser my customers today !

MIXZ1

Mexico
reply to brian4xp
Google says it's fixed. In my case it appears to be true. I expect there will be a bit of lag caused by users who played with their settings and didn't bring them back to normal.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
reply to Xano
I hardly ever use my Gmail account. It was broken earlier, but just now I sent an e-mail successfully.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum