spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Brando
@75.115.53.x

Brando

Anon

[CFL] Not able to receive CFL email on my Galaxy S5

I live in Tampa but have a CFL RR account for my email. When I use the default Email app on my Galaxy S5 I am not able to connect to the incoming mail server. I've deleted my account and set it up a few times using the settings below, but I'm at a loss as what to do now. I called T-Mobile and they said this is an issue with Bright House. I would appreciate any further assistance, thanks.

»support.brighthouse.com/ ··· er-2044/

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

What exactly is the reason you cannot receive email? Does it tell you the password is incorrect, does it give any kind of error?

Brando
@75.115.53.x

Brando

Anon

said by telijah:

What exactly is the reason you cannot receive email? Does it tell you the password is incorrect, does it give any kind of error?

Yes, I get the following message now when I try to set up my account automatically or manually for checking incoming mail:

Setup could not finish

Unable to connect to server.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by Brando :

said by telijah:

Yes, I get the following message now when I try to set up my account automatically or manually for checking incoming mail:

Setup could not finish

Have you double checked the server to make sure it wasn't mistyped? Have you also verified the ports are correct?

Brando
@75.115.53.x

Brando

Anon

said by gigahurtz:

said by Brando :

said by telijah:

Setup could not finish

Have you double checked the server to make sure it wasn't mistyped? Have you also verified the ports are correct?

Yes I have. I also just tested this by connecting to my wireless and the email was set up correctly. So I can send and receive email via wireless, but I cannot when I am on my cellular network. I have unlimited talk/text/data so I'm not sure why I would be able to receive email over wifi but not cellular.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by Brando :

Yes I have. I also just tested this by connecting to my wireless and the email was set up correctly. So I can send and receive email via wireless, but I cannot when I am on my cellular network. I have unlimited talk/text/data so I'm not sure why I would be able to receive email over wifi but not cellular.

Interesting. It seems your cellular data network might be blocking something since it's working with your WiFi connection. Have you tried doing a hard reboot on your phone?

telijah
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

telijah to Brando

Premium Member

to Brando
said by Brando :

I have unlimited talk/text/data so I'm not sure why I would be able to receive email over wifi but not cellular.

Who is your provider?

Brando
@75.115.53.x

Brando to gigahurtz

Anon

to gigahurtz
said by gigahurtz:

said by Brando :

Interesting. It seems your cellular data network might be blocking something since it's working with your WiFi connection. Have you tried doing a hard reboot on your phone?

Yes many times. In addition, I am on the latest Android Ver. 4.4.2. I'm on T-Mobile.

telijah
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

said by Brando :

I'm on T-Mobile

Well that makes no sense. I am in Tampa and on TMobile, only possible difference is you're likely using the cfl pop settings. Can you put exactly what settings you've entered here?

Brando
@75.115.53.x

Brando

Anon

said by telijah:

said by Brando :

I'm on T-Mobile

Well that makes no sense. I am in Tampa and on TMobile, only possible difference is you're likely using the cfl pop settings. Can you put exactly what settings you've entered here?

Yes here's the settings I'm using:

Username: Your Road Runner email address
Password: Your Road Runner email password
Host name or POP3 server: pop-server.cfl.rr.com
Server port: 110
Security: None

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
join:2010-06-17
Inglis, FL

2 edits

DCELL to Brando

to Brando
I'd just double check your server addresses. Don't use the phones automatic set up, use manual set up. pop-server.***.rr.com and smtp-server.***.rr.com, *** being your area (CFL). It would work the same if you lived in BFE, but had a cfl.rr.com email address. EDIT: I don't use the mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com the directions from your link say to use, I just use smtp-server.cfl.rr.com. Try using smtp-server.cfl.rr.com, not the "mobil" one. The error you describe could be referring to EITHER of those servers, the phone noticed an error with one of them, it's not telling you which one.

Beachie
Where is Shelly Miscavige?
join:2001-07-12
Saint Petersburg, FL

Beachie to Brando

to Brando
The IP block in your posting info indicates that using a tampabay.rr.com address instead of cfl.rr.com would be in order if you live in Tampa as you say.