1 recommendation

Tirael to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone

Re: Picked Up A Corsair K70...

Click for full size
new

old
A lot of people prefer TKL (ten-keyless) mechanical keyboards. I do not know why. I like having the the ten keys. Anyway, here is what my modification of my G710 looks like. I painted the orange plastic black and replaced some keys.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Tirael:

A lot of people prefer TKL (ten-keyless) mechanical keyboards. I do not know why. I like having the the ten keys. Anyway, here is what my modification of my G710 looks like. I painted the orange plastic black and replaced some keys.

Yeah, I don't understand the desire for a board without a 10 key. There must be enough of a market out there though.

Got a link to your G710 by chance?

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium Member
join:2009-03-18
Sacramento, CA

Tirael

Premium Member

Refresh the page.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Ah there it is. Just had to refresh.

That looks cool. Much better blacked out. I never did care for the orange too much.

Which replacement keys did you go with?

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

Tirael

Premium Member

Padlock (macro to lock Windows in Logitech Software), Power (macro to bring up shutdown menu in Windows in Logitech Software), and the translucent sampler for WASD and arrow keys.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Tirael:

Padlock (macro to lock Windows in Logitech Software), Power (macro to bring up shutdown menu in Windows in Logitech Software), and the translucent sampler for WASD and arrow keys.

Oh cool. This K70 actually has the Windows lock button too. Which is pretty nice if you're in game.

My Logitech K800 had the button to bring up the Windows Calculator. I do kind of miss that.

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL

Astyanax to Tirael

Premium Member

to Tirael
I love the picture of the little man running denoting the "Escape" key.

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

Tirael to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

This K70 actually has the Windows lock button too.

No. The padlock button that I bought from maxkeyboard replaced one of the G keys on my keyboard. I assigned a keypress to it so it locks the Windows desktop (for when I have company and such).

Also, the guy running is my homage to the "Flee" command in many RPGs.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Tirael:

said by Ghastlyone:

This K70 actually has the Windows lock button too.

No. The padlock button that I bought from maxkeyboard replaced one of the G keys on my keyboard. I assigned a keypress to it so it locks the Windows desktop (for when I have company and such).

Also, the guy running is my homage to the "Flee" command in many RPGs.

Awesome. By the way, how do you lock your Windows desktop. Just wondering if that's something I can do also.

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

2 recommendations

Tirael

Premium Member

said by Ghastlyone:

how do you lock your Windows desktop

Windows Key + L

If you have it macro'd to a key, it should work with the Game Key enabled (the thing that turns the Windows Key off). I know it does on mine.