dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« 13 Yearshmm »
This is a sub-selection from In other words..

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

3 recommendations

MovieLover76 to mech1164

to mech1164

Re: In other words..

Honestly I'm a FiOS customer and a heavy netflix user who is frankly tired of Verizon and Comcast's BS. I'm currently in FiOS / Comcast territory, But in Sept I'm moving back to FiOS / Cablevision territory.

I just got more upload on FiOS but I continue to watch 288 and 380p crappy SD netflix encodes because of their peering BS. So when I move I'm switching to cablevision, I'll lose a little upload speed, but Cablevision is one of the fastest Netflix performers, they understand that it's content their customers are paying them to provide.

That gets my respect and my business.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon

Indeed, while they are not the fastest, they are one of the most consistent. I'm running SamKnows box and I have measured proof that I'm getting above advertised speeds probably over 99.9% of the time.

Dolasux
@173.3.226.x

Dolasux to MovieLover76

Anon

to MovieLover76
Enjoy the very slow changing of channels, sluggish guides and staring at the iO loading icon like its wet paint.
smapdi
join:2003-07-07
Baldwin, NY

smapdi

Yeah, FIOS is just as slow if not slower. I switched to Cablevision 1 month ago from FIOS and had one of the newer Motorola HD boxes which was noticeably slower than Cablevision's Samsung boxes have been.

DAOWAce
join:2006-10-25
Flanders, NJ

DAOWAce to MxxCon

to MxxCon
Lucky you.

5 years and counting and CV still can't provide advertised speeds to my area, let alone reliable service, 90% of the time.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

MovieLover76 to Dolasux

to Dolasux
I'm internet only, don't need tv or phone.
I will give you that from what I remember when I was a cablevision customer about 4 years ago, that their boxes sucked bad.
My FiOS boxes are honestly maybe slightly better, but no picnic either, but I'm cutting the cord when I move.
Tired of paying tons for tv that I never watch
OTA + netflix + amazon instant video is all I really need.

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2 to DAOWAce

to DAOWAce
Might be worth signing up to get a SamKnows box, there have been reports of CV trying to be proactive in fixing issues for those users.
andrewc2

andrewc2 to MovieLover76

to MovieLover76
CV updated their guide and started pushing a newer box 2.5 - 3 years ago. They are far better than the box/guide combo from 4 years ago.
« 13 Yearshmm »
This is a sub-selection from In other words..