Search similar:

uniqs

paintref
Look, I see stars
join:2003-02-21
Houston, TX

paintref

[Laptop] Dell Inspiron 5100 Battery

I acquired a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop from a friend.

He told me the battery that was in the laptop no longer works and I will need to replace it (The laptop works fine on AC power).

Does anyone know if I can find a OEM battery for under $100? Dell wanted $180 for a replacement (Couldn't justify spending over $100 on a laptop battery when the laptop itself is going for $100 used on amazon) or can suggest a suitable aftermarket battery?

Thanks in advance.
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3

Premium Member

I bought an Anker branded battery from Amazon for my daughters HP laptop just over 2 years ago, because it had plenty of good reviews. It's still going strong. IIRC, it cost around $25.

paintref
Look, I see stars
join:2003-02-21
Houston, TX

paintref

said by HarryH3:

I bought an Anker branded battery from Amazon for my daughters HP laptop just over 2 years ago, because it had plenty of good reviews. It's still going strong. IIRC, it cost around $25.

Just looked on their website and they do not make a battery for my laptop unfortunately.
Thanks for the suggestion.

MnR
Premium Member
join:2002-05-27
Iron Mountain, MI

MnR to paintref

Premium Member

to paintref
Hi,

Just do a search on eBay. Battery for Inspiron 5100. I found a lot of GOOD Dealers there.. Just remember to cycle the battery at least three times...

Jan Janowski
Premium Member
join:2000-06-18
Waynesville, NC

Jan Janowski to paintref

Premium Member

to paintref
I was able to get an oversized battery for my Dell off Ebay for not much money...
And it works great... Laptop doesn't know it's not a OEM...

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to paintref

Premium Member

to paintref
Personally, when I am looking for a laptop battery I stick with OEM whether from eBay or anywhere else. I've heard of third-party batteries overheating and exploding or something. I'd rather not take any chances.