uniqs

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

Transfer character

I'm a bit new to WOW. I have a character that I created on the starter edition that I would like to transfer over to my full account. Anyone know if this is possible? Both accounts are under the same battle.net ID and are listed as WoW1 and WoW2.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

It would cost you the $25 or whatever it is for a character transfer. Probably not worth it for a level 20 toon. Better off to just recreate it on the new server and take the couple hours to level it back to 20, or pay the $60 (or whatever it is) to boost a character to level 90 on the new server.

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

Thanks I'll just create a new character then. It was only a level 10 thankfully, but did put a bunch of hours into it with quests and such.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Then the tough part is done, you now have a feel for the quests and should notice a significant reduction in leveling time the second go-round. Have fun!

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

Thanks. Yeah. I've really been enjoying the gaming and following the storyline which is part of the reason it's taken me so long to level, is because I've been reading all the quests, reading item details, etc. It's nice just enjoying the story, the sights and sounds, etc.

The other day I joined a coworker friend of mine on a server with new characters and we leveled together and he rushes through the game... grabs 3-5 quests at a time, doesn't read the story to the quest, just what's needed to complete it and only gets the level needed for that area to move to the next area without first completing all the quests. That's all just too fast paced for me. As a new player, I'm enjoying just taking my time through the game

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to MineCoast

to MineCoast
Take it all in before you become jaded like all of us.

If this is first post here welcome, everyone here is very nice and will try help you out with mostly everything. Well everyone but Snuff, he is just mean.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles

Premium Member

said by Mordred:

Well everyone but Snuff, he is just mean.

Snuff isnt mean, he is just misunderstood.

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

Who is this "snuff" person of which you are speaking of?

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles

Premium Member

said by MineCoast:

Who is this "snuff" person of which you are speaking of?

Use the search feature at the top of this page, type in words like:
hate
PvP
why is everyone bad at life in this game
you're doing it wrong

something along those lines and you will find a post or two of his...

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

alol

And welcome for sure. Enjoy the newness and the story. So many of the questlines will give you a greater understand of the backstory of the game. For you first time through, definitely take your time. Enjoy the ride and become immersed.

Not rushing will also really help you learn your class and figure things out.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya back in wrath I spent about 9 months getting to 80, but in cata and mop I only took like 2 or so days to cap. (but my way has since been do all quests in a zone.)

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to MineCoast

to MineCoast
I was in a similar situation when I first started also. I had a friend who had been playing since Classic and had a number of max level toons. They were very anxious to get me leveled up and/or come "help me" quest by one shotting everything and just having me run from corpse to corpse as quickly as I could. That is no way to play the game. As everyone else has stated, take your time and enjoy the leveling process. It is very rewarding and once you get to max level and start to play the end game, it is extremely unlikely you'll ever go back. So basically you get this one chance to enjoy it.