Showing Connection
Click for full size
grandstream.com
Click for full size
My HTS
Click for full size
DSLR
said by BHNtechXpert:

Lets not jump to conclusions until you test again and IF it fails you get with me and we will see what's really going on

So today I finally got a chance to test a couple of things.

At lunch I went to a restaurant with a hotspot and tried connecting to my VPN via the hotspot and it failed. Then switch to my phone and connected using the same profile without issue. The video of this is here:

»youtu.be/_sLNJu8u0hM

And tonight we went to dinner at a different restaurant. I had 1 bar of signal on the LTE network so connected to the BHN hotspot with my phone and captured the following. Notice the screen showing the BHN connection also shows the ad bleeding through. Grandstream is a hardware vendor, and the only advertising on their site is for their own products. The one with the blurred images is my plex media server at my house, I don't feed myself ads, and don't have anyway of injecting them if I did for some odd reason want to. And finally, DSLReports... this forum. I subscribe and pay for my DSLR and do not get ads, and been paying the m for so long, I'm not sure they even have ads on their site.

This was the only ad I received, no others. It would only appear randomly on page loads, not on every page. Even if they were PPC ads from the sites the chances that any two would use the same method, and only show BHN ads and no others is better than my chances of hitting the powerball, but here are 3 examples.
tlg

tlg

Premium Member

Just wondered if this has been overlooked, being researched, or being ignored?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by tlg:

Honestly higher priorities at the moment....will spend more time on this when time permits.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to tlg

Premium Member

to tlg
said by tlg:

I was using a BHN hot spot at Houligans in Palm Coast, FL and noticed the exact same thing. It was instant, as soon as I logged into the hotspot and opened Safari I pulled up Yahoo and the BHN ad came up immediately. There's definitely something that's being pushed.

tlg
Premium Member
join:2001-08-23
Melbourne, FL

1 edit

tlg to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Honestly higher priorities at the moment....will spend more time on this when time permits.

OK, I've removed my post here as you requested. Some info is better than none at all.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to tlg

Premium Member

to tlg
said by tlg:

I am still in the process of verifying a couple of things, hopefully by late in the day tomorrow.