spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Pollitt
@74.219.236.x

Pollitt

Anon

FTTH/FTTN

Cincy Bell put in a node on the corner of my street about 2 months ago. A salesman was walking around trying to get people on my street to switch to the FiOptics service. He sold me on the service under the assumption I was getting FFTH, but after install i got a little curious about how the fiber actually worked. So I research it a little. A couple week later I started having internet issues. I was only getting like 5 mb of the 30 I should be getting (surprise). So I called and had them send a tech out and he fixed the issue. So I asked him if I had fiber to the home or fiber to the node. Come to find out I was lied to by the salesman, telling it was fiber to the home, which it isn't. So my question is does cincy bell ever change FTTN to FTTH?
CVGNet
join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH

CVGNet

If they run fiber down the street you can then change over. If that box is close to you you may find that the FTTN service is reliable. The main problem with FTTN is that running a 50Mbps download path may work one week then stop working so well as additional customers are added to the copper pairs - a mitigation nightmare.

Several areas which had FTTN installed have more recently had FTTH added.

Pollitt
@74.215.240.x

Pollitt

Anon

The node is about 100 yards from my house. I hope i can get the FTTH soon, not real sure about the FTTN speeds for internet are all over the place. Supposed to be 30Mbps, sometimes ill check it and it will be at 7 then 5 minutes later it will be at 12. I have had a ton of problems with the tv going in and out, if i add a DMZ Host to the router it freezes the tv. The equipment sucks.