Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

[DIRECTV] Receivers freeze up

I've been having recent issues over the last month or so with my receivers freezing up when navigating the guide/DVR/changing channels. What could be causing this, did they recently push new firmware or is it some other issue. Receivers are HR34/C31 and H25. All three are acting up.
westdc
join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

1 edit

westdc

It might your HR34 - If you haven't already done this - using the remote-from the menu - Search "key word" Cleanmybox - Search - then do another search Cleanmybox and see if that changes anything.

If your H25 is also doing that it might be a LNB problem you can also do the search from that box as well.

if that doesn't help a service call or a receiver swap out may solve your issue D* is only issuing HR44's
Timeclock
join:2009-06-13
Maryville, TN

Timeclock to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
I have the same problem with my DVR SD receiver. I have found that when I pop one of the battery out of the remote and back everything starts working.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

I called DirecTV today, they told me to turn off the smooth scrolling feature and the native function as well as delete some recordings.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
They blew you off. My HR34 has tuned into the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever had connected to my TV. The remote often becomes unresponsive and commands start to stack up and then they all execute rapidly one after the other, accessing the guide and menus and scrolling through the guide has become insanely slow, I can go days on end with the loss of various On Demand channels, constantly lose audio when I initially turn the box on or play a recording, the On Demand content that I’ve actually be able to download recently has audio dropouts every five seconds or so, two weeks ago, none of my scheduled recording recorded when they were supposed to, all of the encore presentations near the end of the week/weekend were recorded though. Been cycling between national releases of the software, and the CE beta releases neither seems better than the other, tried different remotes, the rarely used HR24 in the living room doesn’t exhibit most of these problems, signal strength is fine on all of the satellites, only thing sitting on the hard drive is Faith Hill’s final SNF into from last year otherwise it’s empty. Only reason I put up with this bullshit is because I can just turn the box off and switch over to cable and still get my content. The HR34 was always kind of on the pokey side, but it's never been this bad, the past 6 months or so it's been borderline unusable at times.

I have no desire to attempt to get another shitty HR34 or upgrade to an HR44 only to be locked into another idiotic 2 year contract because their DVR is crap. I cannot understand how they get away with this policy. My cable box goes to hell, I drive to the Time Warner Store and swap it out like nothing happened. DirecTV box goes to hell and I’m locked in for another two years, and if I BUY my own HR44 from a place like Solid Signal, it still has to be returned to DirecTV upon cancellation. Funny how I don’t have to pay an upfront cost for the privilege of using property that I do not own with cable. Now that there are no more linear 3D channels besides the one PPV channel, after the NFL season, I’m thinking about canceling the service all together. Having all of the extra tuners is great, but if Time Warner ever comes out with their 6 tuner DVR, I’ll be good as gone. After a few of my shows end for the season in the coming weeks I’m planning on dumping all of my programming and just subscribe to the lowest package with the Sports Pak and NFL Sunday Ticket.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Luckily you have Time Warner where you're at but unfortunately I have Comcrap at my house. And you'll have my sympathy if Time Warner gets bought out by Comcast. Comcast support is the reason I have DirecTV.

I'd like to try the X1 platform but I'd like to give Comcast as little of my money as possible.
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
I would call and say it wont turn on/do anything. May get lucky and get a HR44 or at least get another HR34 and maybe have no issues
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
I am anxiously awaiting the approval and implementation of the merger. I support it 110%, and look forward to what it brings.