Search similar:

uniqs

fg8578
join:2009-04-26
San Antonio, TX

2 recommendations

fg8578

Ya gotta start someplace

In the fiber fairyland, every ISP deploys fiber to every one of its customers, urban and rural, simultaneously and immediately, on day one.

But back on Earth, it doesn't work that way. I've said before, I'd prefer the ISPs hold off on these announcements, until they actually start trenching fiber and turn-up service for real, paying customers.

But I assume the reason they make these pre-deployment announcements is to instill FUD in their customers (current or soon-to-be) to keep said customers from signing up for Google.

They gotta start somewhere. With everyone complaining about the lack of fiber, I for one am glad these ISPs are doing something about it (or at least, they say they will do something about it, soon, trust us!).
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned)

Will Cox use ftth or will coax work.

bbeesley
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX

bbeesley

said by nonymous:

Will Cox use ftth or will coax work.

Yes

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey to fg8578

Premium Member

to fg8578
said by fg8578:

to instill FUD in their customers (current or soon-to-be) to keep said customers from signing up for Google.

Um, in which cities does Cox and Google compete?

/M
existenz
join:2014-02-12

existenz

I don't think any. Cox is in KC broader region but no KC metro - not in any planned area for Google that I know of (yet).

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

1 edit

dvd536 to fg8578

Premium Member

to fg8578
google fibre - $70/mo
cox' current 150mbps / 20mbps tier = $99/m so as you see they WON'T be competing on price.

fg8578
join:2009-04-26
San Antonio, TX

fg8578

said by dvd536:

google fibre - $70/mo
cox' current 150mbps / 20mbps tier so as you see they WON'T be competing on price.

Maybe.

It hardly makes sense to spend the money to deploy the fiber then price it so high no one will buy the service. But we'll see.

Would you rather they did nothing?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

What fibre would that be? the nodes already have fibre ran to them

catchingup
@135.23.225.x

catchingup

Anon

said by dvd536:

What fibre would that be? the nodes already have fibre ran to them

The fiber that Cox will be rolling out. This new service isn't using coax for the connections to the customer.