All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

catchingup
@135.23.225.x

catchingup to Mp5a3

Anon

to Mp5a3

Re: Data caps will probably still remain...

said by Mp5a3 :

The average consumer has no idea that ISPs like Cox even have data caps, and assume they have "unlimited" internet.

With the usage of 99% of their customer base there is no necessity or justification for caps. It's truly insulting to their customers.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

said by catchingup :

With the usage of 99% of their customer base there is no necessity or justification for caps.

Source?

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to catchingup

Premium Member

to catchingup
said by catchingup :

With the usage of 99% of their customer base there is no necessity or justification for caps. It's truly insulting to their customers.

If it's necessary for even one then it must apply to all, if the customers are insulted they should be angry at that 1%+ that is driving ANY increase in the base price.
wheather it be 1%, 5%,10%, or 50% THOSE users should pay for improvements beyond the gradually increasing speed capabilities budgeted for in the base package monthly fees.
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152

Well considering Cox charges more than any other cable company i've ever been with, they should have the $$ to complete a gig rollout, especially considering on my street alone i can count ten fiber lines (yes i said ten) attached to the feeder for my small downtown Phoenix neighborhood.

At this point, it's all node upgrades to DOCSIS 3.1 as they've already put the fiber in place to make it work if they really wanted too.

However, judging how their current network in Phoenix works from past and present experiences, i'll still be sticking with CenturyLink/Dish for years to come as CenturyLink is the only one in my neighborhood that can actually deliver their promised speeds 24/7
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned)

The Century/Qwest or Cox has always depended on the neighborhood. Though I think by now Cox has the edge most places.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
of course caps will remain. caps aren't about speeds or congestion, its about protecting LEGACY VIDEO revenues. if they make it a wash[with caps] you're less likely to cut the TV portion.