uniqs
XPSTester
join:2013-09-24
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

Switched from Videotron to Bell Fibe => My IMPRESSIONS

Switched from Videotron to Bell Fibe => My IMPRESSIONS:

Day 1:
- The channel switching on the PVR is immediate, at first I thought that it was not working because there was no transition visible on the TV screen!

- The PVR says it has space for 320 hours of HD recording or 808 of SD. I recorded few things and now I am down to 317 hours of HD recording left . The weird thing is nowhere I can find that the VIP2262 that I got should do 320, only info I can find it says 150 hours of HD? Can anyone confirmed that in fact they upgraded the size of HDD inside? Is there a way to check the size of the HDD without opening the box?

- Image quality: I have not yet spotted a difference; we still have Videotron till Sunday; will try harder... If anyone can point out specific channels to watch for, I will test them...

- Many, many channels to flip, nothing to watch

More to come...
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

Glad you are liking it so far.

As for the pvr space, it was indeed upgraded approximately 1 month ago from 500gb to 1TB giving 320hrs of HD recording.
XPSTester
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

said by btech805:

upgraded approximately 1 month ago from 500gb to 1TB giving 320hrs of HD recording.

That is great news for all clients. Mine was manufactured in May 2014.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

You can call in and request the new pvr, it will require a tech visit though
XPSTester
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

PLUSES:
- PVR Instant ON
- cute, slim remote

MINUSES/Annoyances (that I do not know how to fix yet, or are not fixable):
- When flipping, (with the option "show subscribed and premium") way too many channels show that I do not have, example: about 10 Baseball channels.

What is needed as another option in the PVR: just show me MY SUBSCRIBED CHANNELS. Moreover, be able to just see my Favorite channels. I guess I need to play with the apps and see if that can fix that.

- Not be able to watch stuff in slow motion (Videotron just press Play twice...)

- When flipping, the logos of the stations/channels are way too small

- Size of buttons on the remote and the tactile feedback, I prefer the Videotron one (need to check if it could be reprogramed for Bell?)
XPSTester

XPSTester to btech805

to btech805
said by btech805:

request the new pvr,

You misread it, I GOT the new one

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

XPS, once you've got only sub'ed channel displaying, you can then edit the guide and strip out the stuff you don't want to see.
XPSTester
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

said by Nitra:

nly sub'ed channel displaying, you can then edit the guide and strip out the stuff you don't want to see

Thanks Nitra
XPSTester

XPSTester

HOW TO REMOVE UNWANTED CHANNELS

I found the MAGIC SEQUENCE [sooo intuitive ]:

1. Press Guide
2. Press Options
3. Choose from the menu: Guide settings
4. Choose from the menu: Customize channels
5. When a list of 566 channels shows up , uncheck unwanted channels by clicking Select
XPSTester

3 edits

XPSTester

I do need help with CAPTIONS/SUBTITLES though...

If anyone knows how to make them bigger/bolder/better, etc. please let me know...

I tried to adjust them in the Menu/Settings but it would have no effect whatsoever on any channel

EDIT: I FOUND A SOLUTION: TURN OFF CC for the SD (I found the solution on another Canadian forum.)

OT1206
@70.27.6.x

OT1206 to btech805

Anon

to btech805
I got Fibe Tv 2 years ago with that promotion that after 36 months if I request it I can own the pvr. Would asking for the new pvr void or alter in any way that promotion. Thanks.

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

They won't "give" you one unless there's an issue with your current one.

That said.
Call support, report that the PVR freezes, flipping channels hangs the box sometimes for a few minutes. Rebooting doesn't help, lots of pixelization when it hangs etc. They will book a tech to come over, when the tech comes, ask him to swap your pvr, tell him "your friend had the same issues" swapping fixed it.

XPSTester
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

Bell Fibe PVR MINUSES:
- No display with clock or channel number on the PVR
- No dedicated buttons (A, B, C, D) on the SLIM REMOTE for faster operation and programming of the PVR
- Once in the PVR recordings, NO EXIT button such as Live TV (only if you stop playing a recording midway...)! For now I use the LAST button, but it is a PAIN!!!
- in reality, one has access to only 3 HD recordings (not 4) at once if one wants to stay in HD. You can watch recorded stuff though, while 3 HD shows record
- When turned on after a longer break, let's say a day, it takes a while do display on TV. If on after a shorter break, it is quickly on (goes in standby?)

QUESTIONs:
- Will the older remotes work with my Motorola VIP2262?
- Could I get if for free from Bell (if I complain)?
- If not, can I buy it? Where?
Bestman
join:2005-04-05
Quebec, QC

Bestman to btech805

to btech805
said by btech805:

As for the pvr space, it was indeed upgraded approximately 1 month ago from 500gb to 1TB giving 320hrs of HD recording.

Is there a way to change the internal HDD to a 1TB one, for those who have the smaller one?
XPSTester
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

QUESTIONs:
- Will the older remotes work with my Motorola VIP2262?
- Could I get if for free from Bell (if I complain)?
- If not, can I buy it? Where?
fmradio68
join:2013-07-05
Montreal, QC

fmradio68

Call and Bell will send you a free remote.No need to complain.

My friend had a remote that was not working well. He called Bell, Bell sent him 3 different remotes for free.
XPSTester
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

Edited.
XPSTester

XPSTester to fmradio68

to fmradio68
said by fmradio68:

Does not work for me. They will send me a new remote if mine was broken only. And in that case they will send me an another slim remote... :-(
demonte21
join:2009-02-20
Mirabel, QC

demonte21 to XPSTester

to XPSTester
No exit Button ??? There is one Exit on all existing remote... if you have the SLIM remote, simply press the BACK button, but dont release it for about 1 second... and it should Exit what you are doing.
XPSTester
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

said by demonte21:

SLIM remote, simply press the BACK button, but dont release it for about 1 second... and it should Exit what you are doing

That one works, thank you demonte21!
XPSTester

XPSTester to demonte21

to demonte21
said by demonte21:

No exit Button ???

Yes, Videotron remotes have two physical buttons labeled Exit and Live.
XPSTester

XPSTester

I got 3 Bell services for $71.39 [taxes included!] for 12 months

1. Phone with Call Waiting & Call Display
2. Internet 25/10 Unlimited
3. Bell Fibe TV with Top of the Top programming (basically all channels MINUS the Premium ones that cost extra per month)

I just got the first bill and so far it all looks good.

I got that deal through a contact here on the forum
Thank you [you know who you are] again!

If anyone got a better deal, please let me know, I will negotiate harder in the future

This amount I used pay Videotron for just TV a la carte 30!!!
Bye, bye Videotron!!!

Nitra
Montreal

Nitra

johnnyGo
join:2010-09-27
Sainte-Catherine, QC

johnnyGo to XPSTester

to XPSTester
said by XPSTester:

I got that deal through a contact here on the forum

I want that deal! Who's the contact?
XPSTester
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

By respect, I will NOT post PUBLICLY any contact info.
XPSTester

XPSTester

Advice for those interested in getting a deal:

I got my deal from Bell resellers not, Bell employees.

After seeing many requests for contact info, I sent an email to them saying that I have few questions... They did not return my e-mails... I guess they worry that now they need to provide service without making any more profit

My conclusion:
While my sales rep and his boss do not deserve to make more money for poor after sale service, getting a great deal is possible [I got it after all! ], just do NOT count on great after-sale service, especially if they are resellers.

Please try to find an outside Bell rep that works in your area.
XPSTester

XPSTester

NO MORE PRIVATE MESSAGES PLEASE!.

PLEASE READ MY POSTS!!!

DO NOT PM ME FOR INFO ANYMORE, PLEASE!!!

Fenix
@70.52.114.x

Fenix

Anon

Hello,
The new PVR with the 1TB is still labeled as the VIP2262 or a new model?
XPSTester
Montreal, QC

XPSTester

VIP2262