join:2014-08-08

TOCO

Backhaul option in Arkansas for WISP and ePMP 1000 range question

I need backhaul to a tower located at:

6103 Hwy 302E
De Falls Bluff, AR

Google Map

»mapsengine.google.com/ma ··· IrjI1AOA

Looking to set up a new WISP at this location. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, does anyone know the maximum range of the Cambium ePMP 1000, 5 GHz Connectorized Radio with GPS Sync, with a ePMP reflector dish?

Thanks,

Tony
jim_p_price7
join:2005-10-28
Henryetta, OK

jim_p_price7

Hi Tony, how tall is your tower? More importantly, where are you backhauling FROM? What is the height at the source?

What are your performance expectations for throughput?

Lot of other details you need to provide before someone can provide recommendations and other suggestions.
TOCO

TOCO

Sorry, maybe I need to be more specific. The tower is 260'. There is no fiber. DS-3 100M/45M is an option. However there may be issues with me reselling bandwidth from the provider so I want to see if there are any backhaul options available as an alternative.

Rhaas
Premium Member
join:2005-12-19
Bernie, MO

Rhaas

Premium Member

Sounds like you are needing to buy some bandwidth at a location. Backhaul is what you do to move/provide the bandwidth around your network. IE I buy bandwidth at location A and put up a backhaul between location A and B.

Most of us here will buy bandwidth in town (where it may be cheaper or it may be the only place to purchase the bandwidth) and backhaul it to the tower sites. So if you have another tower site that is closer to a larger town where there may be a fiber connection available you can buy the BW there and then build a backhaul between the two towers.

I'm not familiar with that area, you can start with the B2B forum here and ask for quotes. You can also look at the local telephone company & cable company. AR has Rasornet: »www.rasornet.com/ that you may be able to buy BW from as well.

To answer your other question, we are getting 2-3 Miles with a bare SM, and the furthest we have on a kpp reflector is a little over 8 miles.
TOCO

TOCO

Yes... what I need is to buy bandwidth from a location which can backhaul it to the tower. Either they can provide the backhaul equipment or I will provide it.
jim_p_price7
join:2005-10-28
Henryetta, OK

jim_p_price7 to TOCO

to TOCO
TOCO, you might check and see if there are any other WISPS in the area that do wholesale BW. Some will backhaul to you for the right price.

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

WHT to Rhaas

to Rhaas
said by Rhaas:

we are getting 2-3 Miles with a bare SM

So half mile to one mile without a reflector is no problem?

Rhaas
Premium Member
join:2005-12-19
Bernie, MO

Rhaas

Premium Member

I wouldn't think it would be - minus the obvious (foliage, etc etc etc).
TOCO

TOCO to WHT

to WHT
I used Cambium networks linkplanner for three locations and they suggested the following LOS:

1.257 mi. no reflector
8.174 mi. w/reflector
17.208 mi. w/dish
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa to jim_p_price7

to jim_p_price7
said by jim_p_price7:

Some will backhaul to you for the right price.

More than likely you will have to provide your own backhaul. Chances are slim that you can get a demarc at the base of your tower.

Beebe
join:2002-10-25
Beebe, AR

Beebe to TOCO

to TOCO
I could maybe get some bandwidth to you via wireless. We have bandwidth through both AT&T and Windstream as we are multi-homed. We also have our own IP addresses from ARIN.

What amount of bandwidth would you be looking for? and what timeframe? Feel free to contact me via email - roger at g5i.net

Cheers,
Roger
TOCO

TOCO

100M minimum scalable to 1 Gig. Are you a WISP? Can you resell your bandwidth? Backhaul from Beebe shouldn't be a problem.

Beebe
join:2002-10-25
Beebe, AR

Beebe

Yes, I'm a wisp, we have service out to Griffithville already. Yes, we have two geographically diverse dedicated fiber connections that we can resell.