Search similar:

uniqs

LPineiro
@160.142.1.x

LPineiro

Anon

[CFL] RoadRunner email Problems - Central FL

Hello:

For a few months I've had the same problem described in this thread ( Had it in a T-Mobile Galaxy S2, and now with a new S5). E-mail is OK when on Wi-Fi, but cannot contact the Roadrunner email server while on T-mobile's cellular network. THE ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED!!!! For a while, my workaround was a daily routine of deleting the e-mail account, re-booting the phone, and adding the e-mail account again. Today that's not working, and I'm sick and tired of not having the service I'm paying for... Lot's of finger-pointing between Road Runnne/Time Warner, and T-mobile, but no solutuion. I'm puzzled since my cubicle neighbor at work has an S5 with AT&T, with RR e-mail, and he doesn't have any problems... An interface has two sides, so both T-Mobile and Road Runner have to work on this issue together. It needs to be elevated to higher levels, as regular tech support floks don't seem to have a clear understanding of the nature of the problem. Brighthouse: What say you?

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by LPineiro :

Hello:

For a few months I've had the same problem described in this thread ( Had it in a T-Mobile Galaxy S2, and now with a new S5). E-mail is OK when on Wi-Fi, but cannot contact the Roadrunner email server while on T-mobile's cellular network. THE ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED!!!! For a while, my workaround was a daily routine of deleting the e-mail account, re-booting the phone, and adding the e-mail account again. Today that's not working, and I'm sick and tired of not having the service I'm paying for... Lot's of finger-pointing between Road Runnne/Time Warner, and T-mobile, but no solutuion. I'm puzzled since my cubicle neighbor at work has an S5 with AT&T, with RR e-mail, and he doesn't have any problems... An interface has two sides, so both T-Mobile and Road Runner have to work on this issue together. It needs to be elevated to higher levels, as regular tech support floks don't seem to have a clear understanding of the nature of the problem. Brighthouse: What say you?

I would be frustrated as well. Can you post the mail servers that you are using?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to LPineiro

Premium Member

to LPineiro
I'm saying by your own description this has nothing to do with our email servers whatsoever but instead appears to be mobile client related. Perhaps get yourself a different mail client off the Android market instead of using the stock. Technically this wouldn't be a T-Mobile problem either as they didn't make the phone or the client.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by BHNtechXpert:

I'm saying by your own description this has nothing to do with our email servers whatsoever but instead appears to be mobile client related. Perhaps get yourself a different mail client off the Android market instead of using the stock. Technically this wouldn't be a T-Mobile problem either as they didn't make the phone or the client.

I agree. The stock Android mail app isn't that great.

Give this one a try: »play.google.com/store/ap ··· ilboxapp

LPineiro
@160.142.1.x

LPineiro to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Tried different clients already... Same behavior! IT'S NOT THE CLIENT! It's only an issue when connecting thru the cellular network... Can't connect to the server...

Using the recommneded server settings (by BHN)... The settings work well while on wi-fi, but not on the cell network. Another strange thing is that when I try connecting thru the phone browser to the webmail interface, that won't work either. Internet connectivity is fine, just cant reach the e-mail server using a client, or browser.