spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Jrod0125
join:2014-07-23
united state

Jrod0125

Switching providers

I've been with Cox for about 5 years now and quite frankly I never had an internet issue until about seven months ago when my speeds started plummeting at night. 4 techs out and hours spent contacting Cox support hasn't resolved my issue. Last week I was finally put down to be contacted by the Cox Advocate Group (or CAG as the reps like to call them) which made me a bit hopeful that this issue was coming to an end. However, at this point I feel it's a little too late and I'm done being patient with Cox. I was told by CAG that it sounded like a saturation issue in my area and that it may take 1-3 months to get the issue fully resolved. Now the neighborhood I live in is fairly new and was built with FiOS in mind. I'm seriously thinking about switching over but they only offer the 25/25 Mbps package where I live. I have the Ultimate tier now and it's great when I can get the 150 Mbps but I don't get anywhere near those speeds at night. We're talking 10 Mbps max from 6-11 PM. I know that fiber is a more reliable and stable connection but I'm torn on whether I should take the plunge.

Anonguy
@68.106.20.x

Anonguy

Anon

What troubleshooting have you done?

Tried new modem/router ETC?
Jrod0125
united state

Jrod0125

We've done every sort of troubleshooting that you can think of. The last tech that was out here did a lot of different tests and concluded that neither my equipment nor my wiring was the issue. I have also gone through 3 modems and three routers with the same results. Cox is clearly at fault here and the technician agreed as well.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

have you checked for spyware/viruses?
Jrod0125
united state

Jrod0125

Yes, I've done every possible troubleshooting you can think of.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to Jrod0125

to Jrod0125
You said this happens in tbe evening. Has a tech been out in the evening when it is happening? If it is congestion I think they can monitor for that remotely and see the issue especially when it is exessive.