Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

1 edit

Caddyroger

Premium Member

non slip for showers

I repaired my shower floor with a fiberglass. I would like to know if there are a spray or liquid that I could use so it not slippery?

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka

MVM

Re: non slipfor showers

Home Despot sells stuff for that.

The E
Please allow me to retort
Premium Member
join:2002-05-26
Burnaby, BC

The E to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger

Re: non slip for showers

Don't clean it and it will naturally become non-slip.
Hellrazor
Bah Humbug
join:2002-02-02
Abyss, PA

Hellrazor to Caddyroger

to Caddyroger
Liquiguard Solid StepCote Non-Slip Coating

I had one of my maintenance crew members install that on the ceramic tile floor. It was in the dishwasher room in our one commercial kitchen. We used #4 - the heaviest duty commercial version. They were looking into installing kitchen grade rubber mats when we found that product.

It looks like an acrylic floor finish with anti-skid in it. They installed 2 coats with a 1/4" nap roller on Friday so I didn't get a chance to check it out myself. They said it was awesome after the first coat.

They do make a shower treatment product in a small kit too. »solidstepcote.com/non-sl ··· bathtub/

Annmarie

join:2000-11-11

Annmarie to Caddyroger

to Caddyroger
My home came with a non slip tub. A sort of gritty bottom. I was wonderful until it came time to clean it. The gritty surface seriously hold onto soap scum and it builds up.
I have tried many product and I know it is clean but it still looks dingy. Just an FYI. I now use a long cushy tub mat to cover it up.
kherr
Premium Member
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL

kherr

Premium Member

I hear that loud and clear. I used to have a one piece shower with a smooth floor and it cleaned it's self. Now I have a prefabbed base with a tile surround that has 'dimples' and is a bear to keep clean. I clean it every two weeks to prevent buildup. I'm glad that I didn't do a tile floor.