Batmantis
@72.225.196.x

Batmantis

Anon

SURFboard SB6141 Dropping Connection

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I've purchased this modem about 1 month ago and initially did not notice any issues, however in the last 2 weeks I have been experiencing dropped connections (multiple times per day) and slow connection speeds. Can someone point me in the right direction whether there is an issue on my end or ISP?
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

i notice no one responded. Try posting in your ISP's forum for better response.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to Batmantis

Mod

to Batmantis
Bat, if you post who your ISP is I can move your post to their forum if we have one for them.

Batmantis
@199.103.111.x

Batmantis

Anon

ISP is Time Warner Cable in NYC.

Thanks!

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Moved in from Motorola.

Doctor Who
join:2003-09-14
27405-9510

Doctor Who to Batmantis

to Batmantis
I have had a similar problem. I noticed that my PS3 was causing it to shut down when using netflix. Look it up on Google. Search for PS3 and SB6141. I had to lower the level of HD that Netflix sends out. I reduced it and now no longer get the SuperHD but it is still good. Maybe that will help. I don't know if that is your problem but something to check on.

Good Luck.

kilrathi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi to Batmantis

Premium Member

to Batmantis
Something is going on where your modem I think drops upstream channels because only 1 channel was at 51 dbmv and all other are like 40 or so which makes no sense, usually they are within few dbmv of each other on most setups which tells me maybe only 1 channel was still synced on upstream for whatever reason

ah yes and those other were t4 on status so yea something is causing u to drop upstream channels and most likely once dhcp is trying to renew it cant and ur modem drops connect after 12/24 hours. Maybe there is noise on the upstream, maybe bad splitter setup etc...
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to Batmantis

to Batmantis
on my family members SB6141 those are same logs I saw before they upgraded to MAXX.

Identical logs.
Vitality9
Premium Member
join:2014-06-15

Vitality9

Premium Member

Don't tease me, I have similar logs...

Batmantis
@199.103.111.x

Batmantis to kilrathi

Anon

to kilrathi
Hi Kilrathi,

The noise on the upstream or bad splitter would be issues for TWC, correct? I have the modem connected directly to the line coming into my apartment.
Andrew LB
join:2005-10-10
Seal Beach, CA

Andrew LB to Batmantis

to Batmantis
Use a volt-meter and check the output voltage on the power adapter for the modem. I spent almost 2 years dealing with drop-outs, fighting with TWC, and it turned out my 12v adapter was putting out 16.2v. I changed adapters and it never dropped connection again.