DaSneaky1D
what's up
MVM
join:2001-03-29
The Lou

DaSneaky1D

MVM

[iPad] Get iPad now, or wait?

I'm looking to get a new iPad mini. While I've heard a ton of rumors regarding the iPhone 6, I've not heard the same about any iPad refresh.

Is it worth waiting past the Sept announcement to see if anything comes up or go for it now?

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

said by DaSneaky1D:

I'm looking to get a new iPad mini. While I've heard a ton of rumors regarding the iPhone 6, I've not heard the same about any iPad refresh.

Is it worth waiting past the Sept announcement to see if anything comes up or go for it now?

If you need it now,get it. If you can wait then wait. Personally, I would wait.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to DaSneaky1D

Mod

to DaSneaky1D
I'd wait

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to DaSneaky1D

MVM

to DaSneaky1D
Same here, I'd wait,......

I think the iPad Air and Mini with Retina are great but I wouldn't mind some improvements. An iPad Air or Mini Retina with Touch ID and other enhancements would be nice,...

Maybe an iPad Pro,....whatever that might entail,....

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip to DaSneaky1D

to DaSneaky1D
My justification for having just sold my Mini w/ Retina and ATT was that the new, larger screen iPhones are scheduled for later this year and for my daily work commute I suspect that my unlimited data plan and larger phone size will replace the need for the iPad. I have a MBP w/ Retina at home.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Indeed,....

I suspect that a larger iPhone could indeed take the place of a smaller iPad like the Mini Retina. Perhaps not for everyone but possibly for a wide enough cross section to be significant.

DaSneaky1D
what's up
MVM
join:2001-03-29
The Lou

DaSneaky1D

MVM

Thanks all! I appreciate the input.

Since it's not a dire situation, I'm going to wait.

SurfTheSky
Flyingphotog
MVM
join:2001-08-26
Fairfax, CA

SurfTheSky to DaSneaky1D

MVM

to DaSneaky1D
If you wait, you'll be waiting until January, most likely.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
I can only comment using my Galaxy S4 and the new Tab S 8.4 on the size since my iphone 4s is not my main phone. Using the S4 seemed like such a big phone when I got it. Since gettign the tablet, it's weird to then use the phone as for a few minutes it seems so small. I still use both and don't think that the larger iphone would push out the Mini.

SurfTheSky
Flyingphotog
MVM
join:2001-08-26
Fairfax, CA

SurfTheSky

MVM

It's hard to say. I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad Mini. I use the iPad mini in the cockpit of small planes (Cessna 152 and 172 models) for navigation and it's the perfect size. If they have a 5.5" iPhone coming out (the rumors are not rock solid for anything but the 4.7" version) I may ditch both devices in favor of the larger iPhone. Having a tablet in the plane is really nice, though.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by SurfTheSky:

I may ditch both devices in favor of the larger iPhone.

the issue is using the tablet as a desktop replacement when i'm out of the office/on vacation.
i take my laptop with me when i travel -- but when i want to slip away -- i take my ipad with me (keep it in the car when i go out to dinner, etc) -- for emergency vpn/ssh/remote desktop things.

any smaller -- and i'd have a hard time keeping my fingers on the screen to type, etc.

i would like a larger iphone -- just for more real-estate when i use my phone.

q.
CaliNine
join:2014-05-12
United State

CaliNine to DaSneaky1D

to DaSneaky1D
I'd wait, I bought the IPad air few months ago and I never use it sht's a nuisance having to carry it around. If I ever decide to buy another tablet it'll be the IPad mini.