Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to voxframe

Premium Member

to voxframe

Re: SPA112 / SPA122 SIP T1 bug

Anecdotal evidence from one user on another forum suggests it's not fixed. FreePhoneLine enforces a long registration interval and will temporarily ban you if your device registers too often. Though the user in question seemed to have configured his device correctly, FPL was still banning him every day or two.

After setting SIP T1 to 10 instead of 1, the user reports his ATA has remained registered for 12 days so far. My suspicion is that the device was attempting to re-register when it did not receive a response from the SIP switch within 1/10 of a second.

He states he has the latest firmware.

m.
zapattack
join:2012-07-02
CANADA

zapattack

Mango, I notice the OBi T1 default is 500ms.
Would this be considered optimal for most situations?
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

I've never tested to see if my service providers typically respond in under 500 ms. They probably do. At this moment, I only have one registration, to VoIP.ms's Vancouver2 equipment. My Asterisk server tells me its most recent response was in 65 ms - which is well under the default.

In any case, FPL is the only service provider I know of that enforces a long registration interval, and I don't use FPL. So even if the occasional REGISTER is sent twice, I would probably never know about it.