spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Okers
@108.168.5.x

Okers

Anon

rCable Beware - downgrading from 150/15, you won't get it back

I downgraded from 150/15 in June to 60/10 unlimited usage due to using a lot of bandwidth. Called start to upgrade to 150/15 and they said no problem, but rCable comes back and says no. Start says rCable calls the rules. Only in Canada do we stride to go slower.

Start Kyle
join:2014-07-16
Canada

Start Kyle

said by Okers :

I downgraded from 150/15 in June to 60/10 unlimited usage due to using a lot of bandwidth. Called start to upgrade to 150/15 and they said no problem, but rCable comes back and says no. Start says rCable calls the rules. Only in Canada do we stride to go slower.

Unfortunately, certain areas simply do not have the option to provision the 150/15 package, and that list is put out by rCable. Most areas do not have this issue - we currently still offer the 150 mbps package in almost all of the rCable footprint. This lists sometimes changes based on both the available bandwidth and ongoing work in the area. I would highly recommend you check again in a few weeks, and the availability may have changed.

I'd be happy to follow up with you personally regarding the speed as well - PM me your account details and I'll get in touch with you directly.

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to Okers

to Okers
What modem are you using specifically?

I bet you this was a case of downgrading before the new DOCSIS 3 modem rules by Rogers, trying to upgrade back after that (with a blacklisted model) and not being allowed to.

Sorry, blame Rogers.

okers
@108.168.5.x

okers

Anon

Using the Thompson 476 which I bought this year from Start with STAC.02.50. I called start and they said Rogers just doesn't want to give it back.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

If I had to guess without knowing the details of your account, the problem is likely that the service you had before was the 150/10 which is no longer available and the replacement service of 150/15 is not available in all the same areas - ie you may have qualified for 150/10 but do not qualify for 150/15 - so you had been grandfathered on the old package but are not able to order it again now. Same is true for us, Rogers retail and other TPIA's unfortunately.
wilsonlam97
join:2010-12-08
Scarborough, ON

wilsonlam97

But on the upside eligibility changes all the time. My area couldn't get 250mbps up until three months ago.