Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I've gone through lots of mice in the past few years. I've mostly purchased Logitech mice. They were always comfortable, affordable and Logitech has excellent customer service, especially when it comes to getting warranty replacements.

Eventually though, the mice wear down and I usually end up having double click issues with one of the buttons. Usually the left or right since those get used the most. So after my Logitech MX Revolution crapped out on me and I was into MMO's, I opted to get a Razer Naga Molten Edition MMO mouse.

It took some getting used to but I really liked it, as well as the software and it's ability to set up multiple profiles and macro commands. After 2 years though the left mouse button started double clicking. I sent in a warranty request even though it was out of warranty but only by a few weeks. I've had Logitech replace several items that were well out of warranty before so I thought I would give Razer a shot.

I sent a ticket in, tried their recommended troubleshooting tips and they agreed to replace it. After a few emails over the next few days, I get everything finalized and then I get an email saying, "Sorry, no replacement for you. You're out of warranty. kthxbye." I was pretty annoyed so I emailed them back. The original support rep said he knew it was out of warranty but only by a few days so he got it authorized for replacement but the next level rep declined it when they wen't to ship it out. That's pretty fucked up in my book. Especially since I have a lot of Razer products. I was very disappointed.

I wanted to replace it but didn't want to spend another $80-$100+ on a mouse so I looked around and found this one on Amazon.

»smile.amazon.com/gp/prod ··· F8&psc=1

It had 230 reviews with a 4.5 star rating and it was $38 shipped with Sunday delivery even. So I pulled the trigger and ordered it. I got it today and it's pretty nice. The software is a little confusing since it's obviously an Asian direct import with spotty directions.

So far I like it but it's going to take a while to get used to it. It's a large mouse so us big-handed guys will like the comfort it provides. It also has a option to add/remove weights to it. It's got tons of lighting options and multiple profiles and macro ability. They even give you an extra set of replacement Teflon pads for the bottom of it. The only thing that bugs me so far is the left mouse button is a tad stiff. Hopefully it loosens up a bit after some usage.

As you can see, even with the new mouse, I am still able to dominate in BF4.

Pros---

*Price
*Features
*Lots of customization options
*Visually eye-catching
*Thick braided cable with a solid USB connection piece
*Beveled side buttons are more ergonomic than the Razer

Cons--

*Slick finish as opposed to the matte finish of the Razer. So it can get a bit slippery in a heated gaming session
*It feels a bit on the cheapy/plasticy side
*I wish they included the sticky rubber bumps to put on the side buttons for quick recognition

stevennb
Ok, But, Thats The Last Straw.
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Wayne, NJ

1 recommendation

stevennb

Premium Member

I'm sorry but that mouse is hideous.

kvn864
join:2001-12-18
Sun City, AZ

kvn864 to cyrus360

to cyrus360
I think it looks nice, it is curved a little, nice color effects, though I would quickly get lost in those 12 buttons on the side.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360

Premium Member

I don't use all of those side buttons myself. The Razer gave you these tiny adhesive bumpy stickers you put on the side buttons. I had them alternating on every number so I knew what to press almost like reading braille.

The beveled buttons are a bit easier and more ergonomic on the new mouse though. I use the 4 and 5 buttons for backwards and forwards while browsing and use the 7 and 10 buttons to go back and forth between tabs in Chrome. Very handy.