spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

winterphoto

@71.190.234.x

Connecting 2 iPhones (5s) to the car bluetooth

I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra, and my wife and I both have the iPhone 5s. Is there an easy way to pair/connect both iPhone's to the same car Bluetooth? If so, how can I do that, and how would it work?

If we're both in the car together with our phones, which would be connected? If one of us is driving, would the Bluetooth automatically connect to the iPhone in the car, or would it have to be manually done each and every time?

Any detailed information would be so helpful and appreciated. Thank you so much!

Daemon
Premium
join:2003-06-29
Berkeley, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·webpass.net
said by winterphoto :

I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra, and my wife and I both have the iPhone 5s. Is there an easy way to pair/connect both iPhone's to the same car Bluetooth? If so, how can I do that, and how would it work?

If we're both in the car together with our phones, which would be connected? If one of us is driving, would the Bluetooth automatically connect to the iPhone in the car, or would it have to be manually done each and every time?

Any detailed information would be so helpful and appreciated. Thank you so much!

This information is car specific. Rental cars I've driven will pair to multiple phones, though my Subaru will only allow one phone to be paired at a time, so you can't do both simultaneously.

I'd recommend re-asking your question in a Hyundai forum.
--
-Ryan
I use Linux, OS X, iOS and Windows. Let the OS wars die.

rmmoody

join:2001-02-15
Leawood, KS
said by Daemon:

This information is car specific. Rental cars I've driven will pair to multiple phones, though my Subaru will only allow one phone to be paired at a time, so you can't do both simultaneously.

This. My BMW will let me pair two phones, but only one is active at a time. I can select one phone or the other through a on screen menu in the car.

Tinkster
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Rosedale, MD
reply to winterphoto
Yep check your owners manual it will tell you.

My Nissan can connect multiple devices but only one is active and connects all the time till I tell it otherwise.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to winterphoto
Same as everyone else. In my Jeep you can have multiple phones paired just one that is considered the Active Phone.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to winterphoto
Indeed,....

With my Toyota Sienna XLE it is as others have said. Multiple devices can be paired but only one can be active at any given time. The switching mechanism is probably similar as well. I believe this can be done by voice in my Sienna.

However, actual pairing while the vehicle is being driven is not allowed by the system. It just assumes the driver is the one doing the pairing and disallows the action. Switching between two already paired devices while driving might be allowed though. Not sure because I haven't tried it.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to ptrowski
said by ptrowski:

Same as everyone else. In my Jeep you can have multiple phones paired just one that is considered the Active Phone.

Same with my Honda.

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium
join:1999-12-06
Fuquay Varina, NC
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to winterphoto
I have two phones - an iPhone 5 that's my personal phone, and an HTC One that's my work phone. I have both paired with my 2013 Ford Escape, with my iPhone set as the primary. If I have both in the car at the same time it automatically connects to my iPhone for phone calls (regular calls, 911 Assist, vehicle health report). If I want to play music via Bluetooth it brings up a menu that lists both phones, and I have to select which one I want to play the music from.

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..
reply to winterphoto
It will connect to the phone on the top of the list and descend in that order. You can pair up to 5 devices with the stock Hyundai radio.

With the NAV system you can pair up to 10 devices and new models include Carplay.

Source: Owner of 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid and previous owner of 2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T with standard and NAV packages.

BuckarooB
Beware Lectroids from PlanetX
Premium
join:2001-10-27
Cloverdale, VA
Reviews:
·Ntelos
reply to winterphoto
our infiniti allows only one phone to be paired at a time. Here's connects when she drives and mine when I drive... when we are both in the car... I had given priority to my phone... but it depends on which one of us was in the car first when we started the car.

In our bimmer we can have both our phone paired at the same time... if either phone gets a call handsfree will work with either one. Also for calling although the steering wheel controls will default to the primary phone which my phone has been designated. Also I can choose which phone's TEXT messages get relayed to the navigation screen.

so it all depends on the OEM's BT hardware setup and implementation.
--
"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are!!"