Search similar:

uniqs
swope1221
join:2008-08-26
Newtown, PA

swope1221 to tnsprin

to tnsprin

Re: [Quantum] Re: New Features and "Features" (bugs) in the New Quantum update

Still doesn't work here, get the campaign unavailable message unable to launch fios tv home screen.
Timothy28
join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to kschles

to kschles

Re: [Quantum] New Features and "Features" (bugs) in the New Quantum update

And it will only be for the moment. I've had to reboot twice for that exact issue since this update.
Timothy28

Timothy28 to kschles

to kschles
I hope it comes in mid-September. With the fall tv season starting in a matter of weeks, setting up a series record without being able to do it with search for new or returning shows will be a nightmare.
jimmrt
join:2014-08-11

jimmrt to danman48

to danman48
I just received my Quantum self install. It seems the DVR isn't registered to my account and cannot see any of my On Demands. The slave boxes see everything fine. I go to the agent and the DVR isn't there? I was on the phone for 90+minutes last night and after passing me around 3 times. They said it must be an outage? I cannot fathom there is an outage that will cause this. Anyone have any ideas?
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

1 edit

webcobbler

Re: [Quantum] Re: New Features and "Features" (bugs) in the New Quantum update

I just had to reboot my box again. 3 times this week, for the same problem. The Guide either locks up or I can not change channels. A few minutes later, my screen freezes, and I must reboot the box to fix it.

Since this last Firmware, this has been happening a lot.

I did not recall doing this in the previous Firmware. Even though it was all around buggy.

Please, let the next Firmware come ASAP.

Also, the plus side of the reboot, now the SEC channel has program information and a logo now. Before I had to reboot, no logo, and the info always said "Please Wait"
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to jimmrt

to jimmrt

I always say call Quantum support directly. They can be reached at:855-6390288. Person that answers the phone can help you (at least they did for me).

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival

said by crgauth:

I always say call Quantum support directly. They can be reached at:855-6390288. Person that answers the phone can help you (at least they did for me).

there's nothing the phone reps are going to be able to do, its firmware related bugs

i will say since switching back to my own router via ONT Ethernet i haven't had any of the lockups or the 2 VMS' getting assigned the same IP which i guarantee is 100% the reason for the locking up and crossing of device names/ect cause i saw both had .100 when the Rev I was handling things and the SNR level crapped out as i had the networking screen up...funny how smoothly the same 1.0b firmware runs when the "new and improved" Actiontec is reduced to nothing more than an Ethernet to Coax adapter
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to danman48

to danman48
Just had to reboot the VMS again cause of guide data missing.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

I just had to reboot my VMS again in 4 hours. When my box came back, NO INFO ON ALL CHANNELS.

WTH!
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

This is getting ridiculous. The next update can't happen fast enough.
crgauth
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to eival

to eival
said by eival:

there's nothing the phone reps are going to be able to do, its firmware related bugs

My response was to jimmrt who was having VOD issues.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Box Randomly Turns Off

So - is anyone else seeing their boxes just randomly shut off?

I'll be watching TV - and it'll just shut off - and go the "Hit Menu" floating VZ icon.

I want to make sure my house isn't haunted.
crgauth
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth

I assume sleep timer is disabled.
Otherwise, no for me.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

Ditto. Havent experienced that either.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
I have not , as well. However my MAJOR BUG that I experience, is the VMS freezing up on me. Causing me to Reboot the box.

For example, after a reboot, everything is fast and responsive, but it quickly then lags and does not recognize my remote input. Either when viewing the Guide and I manually put a channel in, or channel up and down. It just lags tremendously, and then the picture freezes.

Prior to this Firmware update, no issues at all regarding this. Then after the push, maybe I had to reboot my VMS 1 time a week so far because if this issue. Now, it is literally 2 or more times a day. Last night, It locked up by not recognizing that I tuned the box off. I had to reboot, and then no Guide Data of Any kind for some time afterwards.

It is getting worse.

Also if I try to go more than 3 days out in the Guide, I have to wait forever for it to populate, and my box freezes again. I did not have this issue even a week ago. I could go out 10+ days.

It is too bad that we can't revert back to the older version. We can on Computers. Why not STB Firmware.

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival

another annoying feature missing is that when you're watching a DVR'd program, pressing the up or down arrows doesnt show the DVR guide, instead it shows what ever channel you were watching prior, it also doesnt show when you use the skip/replay buttons

pressing the Play button when the program is already playing used to show the program's info too and it doesnt
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

1 edit

webcobbler

Interesting...

In the Guide, on my VMS, I see NEW shows, (like Jimmy Kimmel) , or different shows, but my IPC only lists it as 2014. It does not have the NEW icon. Same thing for a lot of other shows.

I even rebooted. Nothing changed. I thought the Guide was the same for both boxes.

Update: I decided to record a segment or two from Jimmy Kimmel, because the IPC box did not say that it was NEW. What I found is that the recording says it is NEW.

So, since my VMS and recording of Jimmy Kimmel say that it is NEW, and the IPC does not, I believe that I have found a new BUG to have squashed.

I also did this for a few other NEW shows, that the VMS said NEW but the IPC did not.

I believe it is definitely a BUG.
webcobbler

webcobbler

I just checked my IPC box. The SEC channel now has an Icon, as well as Guide Data. The NEW episodes that were indicated on my VMS box, and NOT my IPC as of last night, are now correct on the IPC box.

I am assuming that there was a Guide Data refresh last night, that updated the Guide Data.

This is good news. Plus, I did not need to reboot my box.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2

Premium Member

said by webcobbler:

I am assuming that there was a Guide Data refresh last night, that updated the Guide Data.

WebCobbler, from what I understand the guide refresh is usually around 6AM. After that time if you manually push out past 7 days, it will update to the end (around 12-13 days). Otherwise the guide automatically does the full update around 11 AM.

johnf2
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

2 edits

webcobbler

That is what I thought as well. But I would go out as far as I could to manually refresh the Guide on my IPC. 10 days about. I still can not go out 12-13 days. Nothing changed. But as of Today, it has.

I did not go out in the Guide at all to refresh it. The correct info just appeared and seemed to fix itself overnight. All last week, I thought all Late Night Shows were old. So I did not watch them. Apparently they were NEW. But my Guide did not say that. Now it it correct.

However, I can't go out that far with my VMS without it locking up still. As of today, I can now go out 7 days on my VMS, instead of 3-4, as of yesterday.

I believe they are having , or had server problems. The Widgets not working, was apparently a nationwide problem. They are back, but I still can not get Weather. That is still intermittent.
webcobbler

webcobbler

Also, The ESPN Goal Line Channel still shows Buzzer Beater as the Channel Icon. That needs be changed.
mperson
join:2008-11-01
Hemet, CA

mperson to danman48

to danman48

In the Guide, some of my channels ie. HGTV and Travel just say please wait in the program information area. It has been like that for two days. I guess yet another reboot will fix the issue, though probably temporary.
swope1221
join:2008-08-26
Newtown, PA

swope1221 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: Box Randomly Turns Off

Jeep, check to see if you're sleep timer is set. Mine is for an hour and before this latest firmware it would give you a pop up before it went to the screen saver saying to keep watching press ok or something like that. Now with no warning it just happens.

I know VZ is trying, but I preferred the previous firmware over this latest update.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to johnf2

to johnf2
Update to what I said earlier.

Apparently a member of my Family had to reboot the IPC, and did not tell me because the Guide froze.

That is how the new Data populated.

I thought it just happened overnight.

I apologize for the False Intel.

Rebooting the Box resulted in the updated information on the Guide. NOT going out several days to refresh it. Because that did not work for me.
webcobbler

webcobbler

I also just now, had to reboot my IPC again because of the Guide Freezing.

Also, when I went to my VMS box, and tried to use the guide to channel change, it Froze as well.

So VMS and IPC boxes needed to be rebooted for the same reason within literally 5 minutes of one another.

WTH is going on??

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to danman48

MVM

to danman48

I do hope you are all calling in for credits on your bill. This is really bad. VZ dropped a clanger on this one.
wyatte47
join:2008-03-02
Tampa, FL

wyatte47 to danman48

to danman48
I don't know if it's just me but my client box isn't responding to the remote. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought it my be the remote batteries so I changed them but no difference. The tv responds fine just the fios client box doesn't.????
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to danman48

to danman48
Has anyone seen this one? No record light on VMS even when it is recording.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to wyatte47

to wyatte47
I have seen that on my VMS a lot. Then the lag makes the Guide freeze, or channel changes non responsive. Then my VMS locks up.

Just this week, I am seen the same thing with the IPC box. I never had any issues with that regarding the freezing up. I have needed to reboot the IPC more often now.

I also can not go through the Guide as quickly as I want to, without it freezing. On both boxes now.

Lets just pray that a new Firmware fix is closer than we expect.
webcobbler

webcobbler to Timothy28

to Timothy28
No. I have not sen that one.