VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2 to bsangs

Premium Member

to bsangs

Re: [Quantum] New Features and "Features" (bugs) in the New Quantum update

bsangs, did you get the firmware update? Both my VMS1100 have the download light flashing for about 4 hours now, boxes never reboot, tried to reboot but both are still stuck on downloading!

johnf2
whsbuss
join:2007-08-10
Norristown, PA

whsbuss to danman48

to danman48
Noticed the LED was bright this morning so I assume I got the update.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

1 edit

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

said by whsbuss:

Noticed the LED was bright this morning so I assume I got the update

LOL. Same here WHS. The IP client in the bedroom turns to maximum brightness - it even wakes the dog up! Guess they can't stop that from happening.

1) Check your audio settings - it reset them to Mono again!
2) Parental Controls were still set to ON even though I never created a PIN
3) Original Air Date is back. YAY!
4) Yes, Webcobbler is cursed.
Timothy28
join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to johnf2

to johnf2
That's odd. I manually rebooted my VMS and it downloaded again and installed just fine.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2 to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
Matt, did you get the new firmware update? On both of my VMS1100 the download light flashes for 15min or so, then goes steady and repeats the routine forever, no new firmware. I try cold reboots, same download routine occurs repeatly but no update.

Thanks,

John

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

John-
Yes sir. As the FIOS nerd I am, checked the VMS and both IP boxes. All updated successfully to the new build.

Know it's still early, but maybe try calling in a few hours to see if they can help out. Odd that it'd be stuck in a loop like that.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to Timothy28

to Timothy28
said by Timothy28:

Also, if you accidentally exit out of the show your watching on the dvr, hitting last once again takes you back to the recording you were viewing.

I tried it this am (after download) and it didn't work for me. Was watching something recorded. Hit last to go back to last live channel I was watching. Then hit last to go back to recorded show (used to work this way on DVR) and it went to the previous live channel.
I did see reminder function was not included.
Show air date did show up in guide when you hit info.
WeedBurner
join:2014-09-11

WeedBurner to Timothy28

to Timothy28
Hi Timothy28...Just down the road from you in Denton. Came here after wasting my time with Verizon about the the Search For Show>Find the show>and then have options to record/record series....is this the search bug that was fixed? I had found out about the bug and the usual "hope to update the firmware soon" response.....Ha, ironic if gets fixed on the night I start digging around.
Timothy28
join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to crgauth

to crgauth
Nevermind, i thought it was a recording i was watching. I thought it was because it was something i was recording and watching. I was mistaken. Sorry about that.
Timothy28

Timothy28 to WeedBurner

to WeedBurner
Yes, on the previous build it showed no info. It just said please wait. It also only had the option to exit. Not record or series record. That's now fixed thankfully.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to johnf2

to johnf2
said by johnf2:

bsangs, did you get the firmware update? Both my VMS1100 have the download light flashing for about 4 hours now, boxes never reboot, tried to reboot but both are still stuck on downloading!

johnf2

Haven't checked yet, sorry.
System

to danman48

Anon

to danman48
This topic has been closed. Reason: More suitable topic exists

See: »[IMG] New Quantum Build : 2.18.2 (9/11/14)