spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JohnMadison
join:2014-08-12
Madison, WI

JohnMadison

[HSI] Internet for a workshop?

I'm renting a little shed looking thing for hobby projects of mine. I'd like to have internet out there, but I called up Charter and they said because it's in a commercial zone I would need to have business internet. They quoted me $80/month for the cheapest package. That's quite expensive for basic internet. Is there any way to get a residential tier? I don't need any of the business services, there's no storefront or anything, and I'm not using the shed commercially or for a business.
sittin_tech
join:2004-04-13
Rochester, MN

sittin_tech

Dsl or dial up are less expensive.
hawk52
join:2010-02-10
Belchertown, MA

hawk52 to JohnMadison

to JohnMadison
use your phone as a hot spot and whatever device tablet, notebook you want to use connect to it. the only potential cost is your data plan. if you already have one, it might be enough if not get more. it has to be cheaper than Charter business plan.
JohnMadison
join:2014-08-12
Madison, WI

JohnMadison

Thanks for your suggestions. I just got off the phone with a DSL provider and it is indeed half the price. I would do a phone hotspot but I'm thinking of installing an internet based security camera.
BlakePaulson
join:2008-08-06
Alexandria, MN

BlakePaulson to JohnMadison

to JohnMadison
Cheapest business internet only service should be $65... sounds like someone was trying to get you to spend more than you needed to.

You can order the service on charter's website... $65 gets you 60/4 internet... there's a $99 install fee but other than that you should easily be able to get it for $65 internet only.