·FreedomPop

[Pricing] VZW to TMO switch: Upgrading during 50% off & ETF payoff

Current Verizon situation

* Two handsets on contract until February 2015

* Unlimited data on one line

* Upgrades on two lines available

* Able to activate a fifth line

Getting subsidized phones before I ditch Verizon

* Upgrade two lines with iPhone 5S' during Verizon's 50% smartphone sale (expires 8/17) - »www.buyvia.com/deals/verizon-...···ne-sale/

* Activate another line to max lines (fifth) on Verizon and receive another subsidized handset (3 in total)

* Do these two previous activities at a Verizon Wireless corporate location or preferably at »preorder.verizonwireless.com

* Activate phones once I receive them

* Within 24 hours swap out new smartphones with old CDMA (SIMless) phones on VZ' portal to avoid data charges

* Keep everything active with Verizon Wireless for 15 days (14 day return period) before attempting TMO port

* Dinged with $350 ETF charge & $35 activation fee (times three for 3 lines)

Am I missing anything so that I can get T-Mobile to cover the ETFs?

--
Marriage Equality | Consumerist

tdumaine
Premium
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA
you have to get new phones from tmobile, not verizon (dont think tmobile is paying etf's anymore anyways)

join:2014-05-06
USA
said by tdumaine:

you have to get new phones from tmobile, not verizon (dont think tmobile is paying etf's anymore anyways)

Even if T-Mobile is paying ETFs still they only pay up to $650. 3 ETFs is $1050. and you have to pay the ETFs FIRST then do some paperwork that you send in to T-Mobile then they credit you several weeks later. I have hear plenty of complaints where T-Mobile has come up with various reason to not honor paying off the ETFs.

If the OP wants to go to T-Mobile just go and get T-Mobile phones. Quit trying to game the system. Besides the phones won't work properly anyway.

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop
said by Mr Guy :

Even if T-Mobile is paying ETFs still they only pay up to $650.

There are paying up to $650 for per line. You could get a $300 possible trade-in value, but the phone would have to be the newest model and in perfect condition. $350 ETF is a given if you at minimum swap a dumbphone with TMO and purchase a new handset from T-Mobile on their Equipment Installment Plan (EIP).

»www.t-mobile.com/offer/switch-ca···fee.html

3 ETFs is $1050. and you have to pay the ETFs FIRST then do some paperwork that you send in to T-Mobile then they credit you several weeks later. I have hear plenty of complaints where T-Mobile has come up with various reason to not honor paying off the ETFs.

Yeah, I'm fortunate enough to afford the ETFs. Paperwork, no biggie, no different than carefully following rebate instructions where you also end up with a shitty Visa rebate card. Care to share all these horror stories about TMO not honoring their ETF promo?

If the OP wants to go to T-Mobile just go and get T-Mobile phones. Quit trying to game the system. Besides the phones won't work properly anyway.

I started with Verizon years ago with five phones I purchased off eBay, about two years ago I did get two subbed phones because the squeeze wanted iPhones, but still had three lines where I bought the phone. I just decided I should finally get something out of Verizon after the several years of being with them with unsubsidized devices. In addition Mr. Righteous, I could really give a sh*t about following the rules (like I'm doing), getting a device, and paying the ETF. Your precious Verizon loves to eff people by taking their unlimited data away (we only use 200MB a month) and charging for roaming data we didn't use. I am sick of fighting with VZW CSRs to get $2 to $4 of international data reversed since the iPhone still sips data while in Canada with data roaming turned off.

As far as my post, I've gotten all the rules on both sides pretty much figured out, so I'm just being anal to see if I have missed anything.

--

suggy2004

join:2004-01-07
Conshohocken, PA
reply to bbbc
You Will have to pay the Tax on the ETF Charges

T-Mobile Sends a Master-card to you for the amount of the ETF & you can use it to pay Verizon if you like

join:2014-05-06
USA
said by suggy2004:

T-Mobile Sends a Master-card to you for the amount of the ETF & you can use it to pay Verizon if you like

You have to pay Verizon FIRST and prove to T-Moible you paid it. FACT.

suggy2004

Conshohocken, PA
Nope, Just provide t-mobile with you're final bill will the ETF on it, Mine was processed in less than 6 weeks.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to 78036364
said by 78036364:

said by suggy2004:

You have to pay Verizon FIRST and prove to T-Moible you paid it. FACT.

Nope, all you have to do is show tmo your bill with etf.

bbbc

NorthAmerica
Reviews:
·FreedomPop
reply to suggy2004
said by suggy2004 :

Mine was processed in less than 6 weeks.

Did you bring your Verizon handsets with you to use on TMO and if you did, what cheap phone(s) did you end up buying from T-Mobile to make the ETF promo work?

--

suggy2004

Conshohocken, PA
In Order to have T-Mobile Pay you're ETF Charge you have to Trade in Current Providers device, Purchase a new Device from T-mobile & port you # to them.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by suggy2004:

In Order to have T-Mobile Pay you're ETF Charge you have to Trade in Current Providers device, Purchase a new Device from T-mobile & port you # to them.

Yea you hbuy cheapest tmobile filip phone, activate your Verizon phone.

bbbc

NorthAmerica
Reviews:
·FreedomPop
reply to suggy2004
said by suggy2004 :

In Order to have T-Mobile Pay you're ETF Charge you have to Trade in Current Providers device

This is incorrect. Any crappy ol' dumbphone can be turned in.

Purchase a new Device from T-mobile & port you # to them.

Yea you hbuy cheapest tmobile filip phone, activate your Verizon phone.

The Samsung T199 is $30 in-store (not all locations) to qualify for the ETF rebate and avoid TMO's Equipment Installment Plan (EIP). TMO's site has the refurbished ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 5020T for $50, which can be rooted and unbloated.

--