Search similar:

uniqs

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

[Internet] Rogers: New Hybrid 30 Package $54.99

I'm currently on Express 25/2 80GB on a 12 month promo. Got this in the mail today:

30 down 5 up
270 GB cap
Rogers 24/7 tech XPert support
Free rental modem
No term contract

$54.99 everyday price
imtiax
Premium Member
join:2014-05-24
Toronto, ON

imtiax

Premium Member

Right now I have HF 60 at 50% off + $25 for unlimited bandwidth.

Paying about $60/m for it.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

said by imtiax:

Right now I have HF 60 at 50% off + $25 for unlimited bandwidth.

Paying about $60/m for it.

NOT the point of my post.

Can't remember the last time Rogers offered a discounted package for CURRENT CUSTOMERS that ANYONE can call in and get.

This one is around $22 less than the current 30/5 offering posted on their web site with the extra 200 gig. Don't know how long this will last though.
imtiax
Premium Member
join:2014-05-24
Toronto, ON

imtiax

Premium Member

The reason they sent you that offer is probably because your nearing the end of your term.

If you put in a cancellation request, wait a few days and call their winbacks department they can offer you the same thing I have.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

My promo runs until next April.

What I need is $10 a month internet with maybe a 20 GB cap. I only use about 12GB a month max. Most days I use 200-300MB. If it wasn't for EMail, news and Kijiji I wouldn't turn my computer on at all.

Used to be a big fan of the web but now I think it's just a needless cash grab (Thanks Rogers). Spent the first 50 years of my life with no computer. Didn't miss it then and I barely use it now.

EXCEPT of course, to be a pain in the butt here at DSLR..............
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

You should call.
1. To save money (I'm not sure if thats cheaper for more than what you got).
2. To tell us that despite the mailing, you aren't actually eligible for it. Or verify that you are.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to elitefx

Premium Member

to elitefx
I have 45/4 for that price ... Unlimited
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me to elitefx

to elitefx
If that's all I did... I'd just use my phone. I'd be quick to cancel the 15/1 unlimited $60/month HSI in my house.

elitefx
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

Yea, in all honesty, I think $30 -$35 a month for 25/2 would be my ideal package. I'd never go back to 'Lite' again. My first Rogers internet was 128kbps/64kbps and though it worked fine I was glad when Rogers cranked up the speeds. They need to make 25/2 the new Lite and drop the prices because it's not worth $50 plus.

Don't have a cell. Never had one. POTS is good enough for us.

Personally, I don't see how folks have the TIME to get their money's worth out of all the different TV,internet and wirelesss devices these days. I can barely find the time to watch an hour's TV and spend a couple hours online. Most days it's one or the other.

My high end Toshiba tablet sits in a drawer for months and my very high end gaming rig, that I personally built, get's used maybe once a month. Do most of my stuff on my laptop. Paying $80/month?? for a cell plan, that I have no use for, is not in the cards not to mention the $600 or so for the phone.

Don't know how folks do it, Pay Rogers a few hundred a month and use the services enough to say they're getting their money's worth. You'd have to be using the devices 24/7. When would you sleep, eat or work??

It's never been about being able to afford all the services. To me it's all about having the TIME.

Can't see it, don't understand it BUT that's just me............